Can I clone auto flowers?

I have potentially great clones

1 Like

Cloning autos is very iffy @automatik

2 Likes

Of course you can. You’ll find a hundred people that will tell you that you can’t do it. Then you’ll find someone who has done what everyone else has said that you can’t.

Use the search/microscope thing. You’ll find the information you’re looking for. Tag me in your grow when you do it! I’m new at the autoflower thing.

2 Likes

In my opinion not worth it. By the time you get them rooted good they could already start budding. Never did it but I think it is not a smart option. Have a great day.

3 Likes

i have done it a few times. its fun. like everyone says you wont get much from them. its just a learning experience. dont believe the ones that say they got a pound unless you see it. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

U can clone them but there jus going to be autos I know a cppl people who have done it I actually jus purchased my first auto seeds ever jus to give em a try

3 Likes

My wife got 15 oz from her gsc auto

3 Likes

she got 15 oz from a cloned auto? BRAVO!

3 Likes

Not cloned.
Sorry didnt read all of that lol

3 Likes

someone else on here said they did. i want to try again if it can be done

3 Likes

I’ve never cloned one.
Might have to try it

3 Likes

i had to do it just to see. they were so cute

3 Likes

Wife has Durban sunrise started.
I’ll give a try and report back when its time

3 Likes

she grows in coco only? i do soil so it will be cool to find out if it makes a diff

3 Likes

Yes she grows in coco.
Maybe we can try one in coco and one in my hydro system if I have an open spot.
I dont like to encourage her to take my grow space lol

4 Likes

@maryjane13 clones auto’s. She might be one to talk to

2 Likes

I grow in cocoa only as well.

1 Like

Yes you can clone autos😉 if you clone it do it early not in flower. If yours buds soon after cloning you waited to long. I didn’t use any fancy cloning material. Snip, clear glass container, cover with foil& poke hole in top add your clipping. Remove bottom leaves from clipping & don’t make it to large of a cut. 3 - 4" long in sufficient. As I mentioned prior @dunbar autos produce quickly & you won’t get as much like with regular female plants BUT if you want something to carry you through while waiting for the others to harvest it’s great! You can get a few ozs from it & autos are very simple. They flower when they are ready you don’t control them as much as regular plants. I use organic soil with nutrients in it & that’s it. I’ve used Fox Farm Ocean, Great Lakes & Roots brands. Happy Gardening​:grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Definitely can clone an auto but like @maryjane13 said you gotta do it early. The only time I do it is to reverse and back cross for seeds so the clone goes in a solo cup and stays small and gotta work fast. I dont think it would be practical for any other reason IMO.

3 Likes