Can u clone from a new growth instead of the main stem?

Is it alright if i didnt use the root gel? I dont have any

3 Likes

The root gel has stuff like kelp and other things in it to help it survive and will keep air out of the stem. Without the rooting gel it will probably take longer to get roots, but if you kept it in water until you put it in the soil it might make it. Put the clear cup into a colored cup if you have one, to block light from getting to the roots constantly or wrap another clear cup with tape or paper to block the light. If you have a T5 light keep it under that at least 18 hours a day, if not use a floodlamp if you have one.

3 Likes

Yea il wrap the other one in black tape or something also should i put another cup ontop of it to keep some humidity trapped?

3 Likes

That or a Ziploc baggie. Mist the inside of the baggie when you mist the soil, try not to mist the plant itself or it won’t search for water or try to grow roots.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Couldnt find any tape😞

3 Likes

I keep a roll of duct tape around all the time for crazy ideas! Lol!

3 Likes

I think ill just wrap some paper around it with some string i use to lat my plant

3 Likes

That should work!

2 Likes

Found da tapee!!!

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks alot. Ill keep u updated also will this work ad one of those cubes u were talking about its like a sponge.

3 Likes

I’m not sure. Someone else my have tried that.

3 Likes

I have cloned every part of a plant. Even the armpit shoots. I know what parts of the plant i like to clone. Clones are really interesting. Because the clone is as old as the original mother. So always clone younger more vigorous plants. Because if you clone an old lady grandma plant your gonna get an old grammy plant lol. Some people like to clone the lower shoots because there more mature. But if you understand that cannabis plants grow with apical dominance. Which means all the nutrients go to the top buds. And the plants hormones and auxins make the tops grow the best flowers and the biggest buds. So it makes sense to take top of the plant as the mother. I always clone the top now.

5 Likes

@PreyBird1
Thank you for sharing your insights about cloning cannabis plants. Your knowledge about cloning and the role of apical dominance in nutrient distribution will be invaluable in my study of nutrients for cannabis.

[/quote]

5 Likes