Can u clone from a new growth instead of the main stem?

I cut a new growth from my plant and i was curious if i can clone it just like when u clone a main stem.

3 Likes

Yeah u can clone little node cut offs and branches, anything with a node or stem, has to be both, and giving enough time and proper propagation, ask @PreyBird1

5 Likes

@PreyBird1 @TechDCo so something like this? I got it off a bigger new growth.

7 Likes

I would suggest you cut some drain holes in a solo cup, put soil in it, moisten the soil, and mist the soil to keep it damp but not wet to get some roots going.

5 Likes

Yeah man that be fine, get some root powder or gel. Whats your plans for rooting and propagation?

Edit: @nacho151 thats a good idea he should do that :+1:

6 Likes

Idk what my plans are just trying to keep my strain alive since i dont think ill be able to get white runtz seeds around me. So just like an extra i guess. Also idk how to do the solo cup because last time i did it and the plant kept on like semi dying since not enough water was being dranked by the clone.

6 Likes

Here is an article on cloning.

6 Likes

You can make a DYI Cloner pretty cheap and easy, check out YouTube. It’s a lot easier to clone that way and you will have better success rates with a cloner.

6 Likes

Here are some pictures of a cloner I made with spare stuff I had on hand.

8 Likes

U think i can just clone it in the water just like in the picture?

4 Likes

I’m not sure I think it will drown.

4 Likes

Oh ok yea i was asking because ive seen people just put them in a water bottle

4 Likes

So… I’ve done that and it can work. It will take a long time maybe even weeks. Eventually some roots will sprout out then you’ll have to carefully set it into soil.

I’d suggest getting it into a rock wool cube or a soil plug and keeping that moist until you see some roots. Then plant it from there :seedling:

5 Likes

Oh ok so how do i get my hand on one of those

4 Likes

Your local garden store or ace hardware, something like that. Amazon has them too but try to find them locally if possible. I’ve used both and I actually like the soil plugs more. Rapid rooter is what I used. Just my preference

5 Likes

Oh ok ill go in an adventure in a couple days💪

2 Likes

How do i do the solo cup? I just get a cup and put some drain holes and some soil and i like plant the clone?

3 Likes

Gonna try it out with the little one. Ill prob cut another one thats taller tmr

3 Likes

Get 2 cups, cut some holes near the bottom of 1 cup and some slits in the bottom of the cup fill with soil and put water in it. Take your cutting dip it in rooting gel put it in the cup, use a pencil or your finger to make a hole to put in the soil for the stem, put the cup in another cup and mist the soil daily to keep the soil moist. You can check for roots by lifting the soil cup out of the cup with no holes, when you see roots they are ready to be transplanted. Usually they are ready to transplant in 12 to 14 days.

3 Likes

Well I already transplanted it i did what u told me to do i made some drain holes with a thumbtack and i put another cup under it so it can pick up the water that drains and its clear cups so i giess i can see when it starts growing roots.

3 Likes