Can US dispensaries buy cannabis from outside US?

I have removed this information for personal purposes

5 Likes

Interesting question and sure your countries policy is improve the local purchasing. I am sure US companies can buy from countries with legally grown hemp and even marijuana under license. But I am sure it wont be able to be down by a dispensary, but rather a specialized company that has permits for importing a regulated compound.

in South Africa we have lots of Canadian investors buying into legal hemp and medical marijuana grows, exporting overseas back to North America from Lesotho and South Africa.

7 Likes

Welcome @nekro! The US is a very tightly ruegulated market. Each states dispensaries can only get their cannabis from inside the state. These are the countries that currently allow cannabis imports:
Germany, Croatia, New Zealand, Brazil, Chile, Canada, Australia, Italy, and Finland. This is info I found in a Leafly article.
When cannabis becomes legal on a federal level, imports of cannabis from outside the country will be allowed. But right now the DEA still treats cannabis imports as international drug trafficking.

5 Likes

Interesting question. I know in California and Washington every step of the process has a different license and I pretty sure a company can’t have all licenses so they make you out source to other companies. One for growing, one for processing, one for delivery etc. every batch needs to be tested for what’s in it and potency. Every detail has to be meticulously gone over and documented then it’s able to be sold to dispensaries. I don’t know if they allow you to import. Maybe contacting a legal states government would be an option to find your answer.

4 Likes

@nekro hey there and welcome!

I personally don’t think the US will ever let it happen, even if it becomes federally legal

3 Likes

I personally agree with you @piper. When cannabis becomes legal in the US I guarantee it will have a provision that states that all products have to come from flower grown in the US. They’ll let interstate sales happen. But to get officials to sign on to legal cannabis in the states they’ll want it to benefit american businesses and job’s.

4 Likes

plus

4 Likes

5 Likes

My 2 cents about all that… Keep it local business local farmers… I wouldn’t even understand why there would be a need for that international transport even if it were allowed… Only thing that would do is drive prices even higher than they are… Your talking about customs and agricultural checks when crossing borders… Way to complicated and not profitable

2 Likes

5 Likes

It totally different here my friend… It’s 10 a gram from a dispensary here I still see no profit… 65 for 3.5 gram top shelf… I can buy for 5$ a gram as a consumer… Here in state of California there is a 15% excise tax… The state government takes 15% of all cannabis sold to consumers and in order for them to stay in business they’ve raised prices on consumers… Like said above us will never import I mean fuck we have Humboldt county and the emerald triangle where the best weed on the planet is developing

3 Likes

4 Likes

I totally get what you are saying and it makes sense but the United States is the number one producing country for cannabis I just think it’s highly doubtful to make the profit you need with importing here… I seriously wish you the best of luck :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

3 Likes

what was in the initial post, guys? the discussion seems to be vivid, however the initial post was removed, unfortunately. Update: if you were discussing cbd or other medical stuff, I’d like to join. I really can’t stand cbd oil, it has destroyed my health. The thing about this substance is that short-term effects are pretty nice, however the long-term ones are just awful. If you take cbd oil for more than 2 years, you can have really negative side effects. Btw, I personally found myself a substitute for cbd oil with the same effects, however it seems to be more natural and healthy. best place to buy kratom is definitely this store. Kratom is pretty affordable, besides.

Short answer at this time is no.

I’m guessing pricing questions around the globe.