Cannabis and Coconut Oil Immune System Booster

Thought I would share a recipe that some of you might not know. Its easy as anything and is a natural powerful immune system booster.

2 simple ingredients coconut oil and cannabis flower.

Coconut oil benefits:
There are many benefits to coconut oil, especially during this time as a antiviral, anti-bacterial and also antifungal.

" When your body digests lauric acid, it forms a substance called monolaurin. Both lauric acid and monolaurin can kill harmful pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi" Source

What is more coconut oil is a great enegry boost and many cultures have survived on diets using coconuts as their main source of food.

Cannabis
Cannabis when ingested works directly with receptors in your immune and central-nervous system. This is known as your endocannabinoid system or ECS. Our ECS is responsible for helping the body balance itself in times of stress and is the reason why cannabis is such an effective medicine. Numerous studies have proved the value of cannabis as a theraputic and medicinal supplement. It also has many anti-bacterial, antifungal and anti viral properties.

Ingredients
500ml Coconut oil
80 grams of cannabis flower

Cooking Instructions
I am using an electric frying pan and keeping it on the lowest setting. I have not decarboxylated the flower, but you are welcome to decarb the flower if you like. I cut up the flower very roughly using scissors ( increase the surface area for cannabinoid extraction ) and mixed it in with the warmed coconut oil. I will leave it on the pan for about 3 hours. Dont let it boil and stir it every 30 minutes.

After 3 hours the coconut oil and cannabis will still be hot, so let it cool for 30 minutes. You can use a Colander strainer initially and remove most of the plant matter I use a pair of old stockings, muslin or cheese cloth to strain most of the veg matter out. Stockings you say, yes always used them and it works.

Strain it into a tub and keep in the fridge for use.

Dosage
i dont work out dosages at all. But this specific batch is used by two friends of mine. The one lady uses it as a topical treatment for her skin, she swears by it and loves it as is ( mad, yes she is, but she does have lovely skin and already pushing 60 ) . The majority of this homebrewed batch goes to a medical patient suffering from a fractured back and associated pain. He uses a table spoon at night which he eats and after an hour he is able to get some sleep, pain free.

The reason I posted this article is to hopefully inspire some of you to make this at home yourself.

Caution
Please keep cannabis oil away from children and pets. They love the taste and will get highly stoned if they get hold of it. This is not meant for animals or pets please.

8 Likes

That’s a wonderful recipe @chrisj! You should include it in the Chefs (cooking) thread as a basic cooking ingredient…
I also make infused coconut oil like yours. I use it everywhere I can. You can substitue any fat (butter/oil) in recipes for coconut oil and enjoy it that way…
And if you are helping somebody who can’t stand the taste, you can make pills. Very easy to do. Get the natural pill casing. The ones made with bovine hide.
These :

If you get the synthetics one, they dissolve when in contact with liquid, so they will not work for this.

Just slightly warm your oil so it is in liquid form (no warmer than baby’s milk… :wink:) and fill your capsules with a syringe, close your capsules and let them cool down…

When I do my pills like that, I do about 50 at a time, and I keep them in the dark in a regular jar…just make sure it’s a dry environment and you should be good.
It’s easy to do and even easier to dose!

And my last tip regarding this oil (some people use canna butter instead…) : A good spoonful in your morning coffee with keep you smiling most of the day ! :wink:

3 Likes

Great feedback. Used to do the capsules, but it was too time consuming for my mate, and it was working out he needed more than 3 for a decent effect. So we ended up on dosage of 1 tablespoon for him. He ate an entire dollup of cannabis balm infused with beeswax and lavender once to get rid of his pain. From there I just supply him quantity rather than capsules.

4 Likes

You guys are cool so i will share a method I use to make my caps 20 years evolution and tuning, here we go.

Squish Hindu Kush

1. Take a small ceramic cup put corn oil 1" on the bottom.

2. Put it on a hot plate and heat the oil to 120 degrees celceus. Let the oil heat for 15 minutes to stabilize.

I use a handheld led therm reader which is very cheap but accurate.

1. Put your squish in a small beaker (50 ml)

2. Carefully put the small beaker in the ceramic pot with the corn oil and let it cook take 20 minutes.

Watch it, mix it every 3 minutes, just a little stir, and take the temp every minute.

Try to get your squish to a uniform 106-110 degree Celsius.

You will see little bubble starting to bubble up after 5 minutes or so.

When your squish has mostly stopped bubbling take it off the heat and add 2.5 grams of virgin coconut oil, mix it in real good.

Last step add a 10th of a teaspoon, more for bigger then 5 grams, of Sunflower Lecithin sprinkle on your top of your cooling squish and mix it in.

Let it cool and cap it up with a syringe.

Optional as I eat it straight add 1- 2 grams Pure Midwest Honey and mix it in. Let it cool

I make 200 or more when I make em. and I keep them in a fridge in a clean sterile canning jar, they last as long as you need.
I give this mix for night time. Good for pain a shit load more. Lots of research on this and the medicinal properties, Hindu Kush.
Careful on the dosing, you can always add more coco oil for older patients that have never smoked weed.

1 Like