Cannabis bug? What in the world? Holes

Hey guys what in the world is this little bug …its one of the most psychedelic bugs I’ve ever seen and they absolutely love my cannabis… are they responsible for the holes in plants ? Someone said insecticide soap I think Im gonna buy some this weekend before it gets too bad … last pic just showing off my best growing plant

6 Likes

Leaf hopper, possibly a red banded leaf hopper. Picture was really good so I put it through google lens. I remember seeing similar ones outdoors I just couldn’t remember what they were called. I’m not sure if it’s leaf hopper damage or not but they do fees on plants

6 Likes

It is a red banded leaf hopper that sucks plant sap from grass, shrubs, or trees. They can can transmit plant pathogens, such as viruses, and bacteria. They create havoc in an outdoor grow.

6 Likes

What’s the best way to get rid of them ??

6 Likes

Here is an article on how to get rid of them.

3 Likes

If not in flower I believe u can mist them with some diatomaceous earth. Leaf hoppers r a biotch as thet r a bit tougher to rid of.

3 Likes

I going right to the store today I can’t let this get any worse thank you

3 Likes

Do you believe that’s what is chewing my leaves is the lead Hoppers?

3 Likes

Could be could be pillars too I know they tear some leaves up fast too. Do u see any other bugs on the soil or leaves or stems anywhere?? Look under leaves real well as they use leaves for shade purposes. If u skim a finger across the top of soil do u see any crawlers or wigglers??? If leaves r being chewed something def is an issue and needs addressed or they will eat every leaf

4 Likes

Recently I noticed some leaf damage in my vegetable garden outside, couldn’t see any parts during the day so I went back at night with a flashlight. Turned out to be a combo of tiny slugs and earwigs. Might be worth checking them out at night as well just incase you have some night time pests

3 Likes

Ok guys I woke up first thing and bought this stuff hopefully it works . Any other recommendations for combatting pests and whatever is eating my plants? I’m nipping it in the butt pretty quick

3 Likes