Cannabis cost in Oregon

LBs in Oregon low as 750$ tested and grown right. What about where your at?

3 Likes

I heard it varies around here, a buddy of mine told me NuVue in Pueblo will pay around $1200/lb. It’s still around $2300-2500 black market with the right people. Up in North Dakota back around 2010 or so I paid $1200 for a quarter pound black market (and it was garbage pot, that was actually the pot that prompted me to sink a few thousand into a grow setup and grow my own. I knew I could do it better.)

I live about an hour out of the city in a small town here (Colorado) and you would think marijuana was never legal, people pay ridiculously high prices and they don’t care what it is, where it came from, what it tests at, etc. It’s just weed to them.

1 Like

I’ve talked to some friends in WA and CA and around December prices dropped pretty substantially hitting around $600/lb for higher-end greenhouse grown product. From the information they gave me, there was overproduction that led to a market glut due to everyone thinking it was going to be an opening of the flood gates in CA come January 1st 2018. Remember, people had to start planning their crop for January 1st 2018 around May/June of 2017. This is long before a lot of the laws and regulations were finalized for how CA would roll out their recreational programs :confused:

3 Likes

Lbs now are around 7to800 hundred bucks

1 Like

It is really not that simple as saying 7-8 hundred/ pound. Sought after growers are still getting $2k plus in Oregon(not me). Overdone strains like GG4 are going to get less at market, no matter who grew it. Many factors involved which are becoming more important as time goes on. Brand, quality, differentiation, scarcity of strain, sales channels and relationships. There is much more to the equation that drives price per pound. The market is simply maturing, albeit at a fast pace. It is competitive here, no doubt. Funny how this is becoming like a real product!

3 Likes

Agreed. I was a little casual in my pricing.though here in the valley that’s what cost is. I know shops are doing about 18$ for 20mg flower. And I disperse alot of smoke and I am lower than sho0

2 Likes

I just talked to my one and only customer. Price for bulk whole plant to processors is still $75-$100/lb. At least it hasn’t gone down even more. They did cold call me for material, so maybe it isn’t falling in their laps anymore and price will start to climb. At least until Croptober. :joy:

2 Likes