Cannabis Horticultural Science Course

www.canresearch.net/education/cannabis-horticultural-science-course/

CANNABIS HORTICULTURAL SCIENCE COURSE

Course Description: The Cannabis Horticultural Science Course provides overviews of core horticultural science topics as they relate to the production of Cannabis sp. for medicine and adult-use. Experienced growers may learn the science behind their cultivation practices and improve upon their success. Beginners can learn the scientific foundation of cannabis horticulture. Businesses can utilize this course as part of their employee training and education program.

Certificate: Students who complete the course with a minimum of 80% attendance and 70% on the final exam earn an E-Badge (electronic credentials) and framed Certificate. E-badges are used in an achievement recognition and tracking system that uses Open Badges for competency recognition, professional development, and connected learning. For more information about e-badges: www.info.badgr.io/

Day/Time: Every Thursday, 10am to Noon, as per schedules below.
Location: Cascadia Labs, 7405 SW Tech Center Dr., Suite A160, Tigard, OR

Summer Term, 2017 Course Schedule:
7/13 Cannabis Production Systems – Indoor, Outdoor, Hoophouse, and Greenhouse
7/20 Seed Biology
7/27 Plant Propagation
8/3 Soil Science
8/10 Plant Nutrition
8/17 Plant Pathology
8/24 Insect Pest Management
8/31 Sustainable Agriculture
9/7 Breeding
9/14 Plant Architecture, Pruning, & Training
9/21 Final Exam / Course Review / Awarding of Certificates / Course End Celebration

“I really enjoyed the class and felt it was very in-depth on a broad range of topics and would recommend it to a beginner or the most advanced student or gardener.”
- Kim Trewhella, High Ridge Farms, December, 2016
Read more Course Reviews from former students!

Fall Term, 2017 Course Schedule:
9/20 Cannabis Production Systems – Indoor, Outdoor, Hoophouse, and Greenhouse
9/27 Seed Biology
10/4 Plant Propagation
10/11 Soil Science
10/18 Plant Nutrition
10/25 Plant Pathology
11/1 Insect Pest Management
11/8 Sustainable Agriculture
11/15 Breeding
11/29 Plant Architecture, Pruning, & Training
12/6 Final Exam / Course Review / Awarding of Certificates / Course End Celebration

“Todd is extremely knowledgeable about genetic, soil, and plant biology. He helped me tie my growing practices together for better plant health and helped to fill-in gaps of knowledge. I now understand how the various effectors of plant growth interact with each other and how all the plant and environmental factors shape the growing environment. Thanks, Todd!”
- Brook Carhart, Owner Oregon Green Star Farms, April 2017

Read more Course Reviews from former students!

ENROLLMENT

Full tuition: $995
Classes A La Carte: $110 per class
Business discount: 50% discount for 3 or more enrolled students that are employees of a single business.
Early Payment Discount: 5% discount for full payment of tuition by June 1, 2017 (Summer term) or August 1, 2017 (Fall term)

Check out our Women & Minorities Scholarship Program!

ENROLL NOW for the Summer and Fall 2017 Terms of the Cannabis Horticultural Science Course:

1. Download our Summer 2017 Enrollment Form* or Fall 2017 Enrollment Form*
  2. Submit completed form to education@CanResearch.net or via U.S. Mail
  3. Make payment by one of the following options:
    a) Send a check by US Mail: CAN! Consulting, 1645 9th Ave. SE, Suite 186, Albany, OR 97322
    b) Call using a credit or debit card over the phone: 541-752-9053
    c) Pay invoice online via PayPal/Credit/Debit
  4. Please call if you have any questions!
5 Likes

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Hi Guys is this an “in person” Course or a Web based program???

4 Likes

It’s in-person and will offer it on-line sometime in the future.

3 Likes

Just wanted to let you know I’m offering the Cannabis Horticultural Science Course as Live Webinars and On-Demand Video Classes. We’re in the middle of winter term for our live course, but you can start the course anytime with on-demand. Sorry, I meant to post this earlier. Hope you join-in!
Cannabis Horticultural Science Course | CAN! Research Education & Consulting LLC

2 Likes

Interesting website @todd, haven’t seen this before!

1 Like