Cannabis oil for canine lymphoma

My boy Tebow (blue nose) just had a biopsy on his lymph nodes has has a confirmed case on lymphoma.

After a lot of research I’ve decided to cry cannabis oil. Chemo is expensive and gives no guarantees other than maybe an extra year.

My question is what strains would be better for lymphoma or any cancer treatment?

What’s the best way to go about making tinctures and oil?

Thanks In advance for any help

2 Likes

I give my dogs a chicken flavored CBD oil made with MCT oil, for anxiety and hyperactivity. About one drop for every 10 pounds that they weigh. For cancer in humans they say use a terpene called Humulene to stop the growth of cancer cells. White Widow and Girl Scout Cookies have this terpene in it. As far as making oil I use 1.5 grams of flower per oz of MCT oil in an Ardent Flex. Here is a link on terpenes.

I hope you have good luck with making your Pup comfortable. Chemotherapy sucks I been fighting the side effects for the last 3 years.

4 Likes

hey we use a cannabis coconut oil dilute mix for our dogs when in need. We make a very dilute batch of canna coconut for them. Once my dogs are relaxed I know its enough. Its very hard to gauge what is the right amount for a pet, and dont forget their tolerance is a lot lower than ours.

Please be very careful with your pets, their cannabinoid system is much smaller and if the dose is too high it will lead to seizures. Here is my basic recipe but I use alot less raw product.

Another option is to look for readily available CBD dog treats. Maybe consider speaking to your local vet about options.

6 Likes

I would think indica dominants would be better for older dogs since they tend to get joint problems and it can ease the pain I also just found out cannabis is great for tumors especially cancer tumors since it excites the cells to the point of death since they are more sensitive to the cannabinoids

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought cannabinoids were straight toxic for dogs untill I did more research. I plan on using cannabis tinctures cbd oil and a little rso at night.

I have a lemon haze tincture from a true medical dispensary down here. Would that be too strong or just start with a low low dose of it?

1 Like

I did research on humulene after nachos comment and white widow seems to be a great strain for the terpenes I want and need. So I’m on the hunt for some white widow seeds. Just ordered 4 other strains a week ago dam it

1 Like

This is the tincture I have. Think I can start him on this and cbd oil?

1 Like

I would say a big NO. Cannabis tinctures made for humans from a medical dispensary are very different for pets bodies. I would rather start on the CBD and see his reaction and then dilute the THC one heavily in a carrier oil like coconut or something similar. Just remember, start low and very slow. If your boy is on other medication, cannabinoid based tinctures mixed in could also cause problems. My best unprofessional advice would be speak to your vet about cannabis as a supplement.

6 Likes

Check out this thread started by Kapouic called Medicinal Cannabis Use : Research Compendium
It has a post about canine treatment.

2 Likes

I just wanted to clarify my original post about the CBD oil I give my dogs. The CBD oil is only 125 mg per oz of oil so a drop of it would be about 1.05 mg.

2 Likes

Picked this up today actually from my local grow shop. The guys in there have been really helpful steering me in the right direction as they’ve had dogs with cancer and use holistic treatments.

3 Likes

This would be my initial guess. I’m gonna do alot of reading this eve on this subject. I’ll let you know what I find.

Hope all is well with your buddy and your family.

3 Likes

Thanks bud we’re doin alright for now. He’s still as happy as can be

3 Likes