Cannabis Photoperiod Hacks to Increase Your Yields

Written by Stewart Maxwell

“Some of the commercial growers I work with have seen great yield improvements recently by using long flowering photoperiods of up to 16 hours.

This increases the DLI by 33% without requiring additional lighting infrastructure.

My recent article on Cannabis Photoperiod Hacks has more detail about the science behind cannabis photoperiodism and flower induction. I hope that you find this useful!“

© Elevated Botanist

12 Likes

There is also the opposite spectrum of decreasing your flowering time through tried and tested “gas lantern” lighting periods. Lets share new methods, concepts.

14 Likes

Right! I believe @PreyBird1 has been experimenting with the GLR (gas lantern routine)?

9 Likes

Very interesting :slight_smile: I know growing Flowering plants in the greenhouse for the florist trade

we would give long day flowering plants a hour light at mid night or give short day flowering

plants a hour of total darkness at mid day

so you could flower long day plants in the winter and short day plants in the summer

all the best and be safe

Dequilo

10 Likes

It saves money and works!

10 Likes

Hmmm, never heard of this.

9 Likes

Hi, I’m a first time grower with only one plant (Trainwreck) and I’m just now ready to go to flowering. I’ve been on a 18/6 schedule up to now and plan to go to 12/12 over a period of three or four days. I appreciated your Photoperiod article, as someone threw out “photoperiod” to me in a comment and I had no idea what that word might mean! So much to learn. Thanks for the lesson.

6 Likes

Some plants can yield more under 14/10 but some also had reduced potency but if your growing for extraction the extra biomass should make up for the slightly lower potency

6 Likes