Cannabis Poetry

I am a big supporter of arts and crafts and my regular social activity is to attend the monthly poetry session at my favourite coffee place. All walks of life attend, some regulars, newbies, novices and even seasoned award winning poets.

Our session last week, the 10th anniversary since COVID knocked us, was insane. It was cold, miserable and rain was pouring from the heavens. Instead of it being held outdoors in the beautiful garden we were cramped inside, but it was sweet. 2 hours of great poems, rhyms and raps. Yes, we even have a rapper joining us now.

I did not intend to make it a cannabis event, but the award winning edibles I offered were well received and there were several words spoken about cannabis. I thought it would be nice to share some of the poems here, especially since its about cannabis, something we all love.

I am honoured to be publishing this original work by Derrick Newson who kindly attended our poetry session and pulled this out. I asked him if I could publish it online, and he gladly accepted. More to follow and please feel free to post your own.

The after party with a couple rock’n’rollers. #nosmoking #bathurstpoetryclub #rebelswithnocause

6 Likes

Been into this my whole life the poetry side of it. We did at school a lot i mean a lot and cursive writing. Gaslights go out eventually.

2 Likes

That is good to hear, why not share some of your scribbles with us? I am going to load another poem soon. Hope you well bud.

2 Likes

Only because A.I can be used to reword and structure, A.I needs prompts, i write the scripts and storyline first and feed A.I to learn so its more easilyunderstood. I’ve uplaod original stuff un-edited to only be gaslit. If i do, its also counted as showing off! Never mind, we the peope can never win!

I’ll upload some original uneditsd stuff and you can feed it to A.I for checks if you’d like sir?

P.s as moderators i edit the A.I in after ive written it, you see the edit history. knk

2 Likes

I could write a script and make A.I act like a human and make spelling mstakes and errors and correct it like its actually a human. You can have them all over as NPCs.

The concepts and ideas are all mine!

Thats because its mine!

1 Like

Thee Godly Deception of Lifes Corrections
Poem writen by D.R

Everytime I pick up the pen I see the sin.
The sin within that picks apart the locks.
My heart departs with love that’s crupt and dark.
This level is thin underneath my skin and I keep digging holes to win.
The walls are closing in and evil is posing as a friend.
Hault the fin’ the fish swims up stream as god enters in.
Jesus turns the water to wine as I enter the god mind.
Getting drunk on Jesus Christ to save mine.
Lost inside the trunk of hatred the lights seeps in.
Darkness fades under the light shades :sunglasses:
Have I made the right quest of faith?
Or Picked the wrong religion?
Or am I going insane trying to write my best song,
stuck between these two descions with a huge slong.
Ding dong move this rut I’m in along.
Inversion emersion of the red version
School intermissions need inner conflictions of new revisions.
The life of spirituality needs its visions.

As I grasp my quill, my eyes see sins untold
Inner turmoil rupturing my locks, manifold
My heart, a love that’s corrupt and dark, departs
This realm, so thin beneath my skin, as I start
To dig holes, seeking victory, in this treacherous game
As walls collapse, Evil dons a deceiving guise, to claim
Cease the fin’, rise up against the tide, as God’s presence looms
Grace descends, as water turns to wine, darkness consumes
Under the influence of Christ, intoxicated by His love divine
Struggling in the depths of bitterness, as the light shines
I question my path, my faith, my beliefs, my religion
Am I simply lost, or have I succumbed to insanity’s incision?
Caught in between, with a colossal manhood to wield
Needed now, a push to advance, this rut to yield
Inverted, emerged, a crimson version in the making
Searching for a new revision, inner conflicts in the making
Spirituality seeking new visions, illuminating, enlightening.

1 Like

Awesome works man, thanks for contributing such great words. I was rapping your poem a little, it needs some sound.

1 Like

Thanks my friend.
The rhythm is there, thats my soul and heart piecing into this realm as you bob your head to my dance lol
I appreciate your time :pray: sorry if i have come across as stern. But gaslighting is horrible /edit it makes people’ lose their morals for artists.
I’m an expert at something!

1 Like

Would you like me to record it using my own voice and an actuall microphone using old school mixing programme called Mixcraft 9.0? Give me a few dayz.

Edit; scratch that. Sounds like am showing off now! this is the dilemma!