Cannabis Ruderalis

This Is from a bag seed from a friend who claims the bud was amazing and he only Found one seed…(this was like 2 years ago) but any way, Its week 8… Ive noticed it only grows max of 5 leaves… I was doing some reading, can across Cannabis Ruderalis whitch fits the description… I also found people saying they are just Mutants… Can anyone Clarify? (The ps4 controller is just there for size comparison):grin: Thanks in advance(Yall are AWESOME)

8 Likes

Hi @pressure_42o. You have a nice ruderalis specimen right there. They are not mutant types of strains but rather strains that are not photosensitive. This means they do not follow the usual light/life cycle of cannabis but rather automatically flower. Ruderalis/Autos or Auto-flowering cannabis varieties or often hybrids of other varieties such as sativa or indica today. For instance lowrider strain is a fairly even split of ruderalis, sativa and indica. Hope to see some nice updates of your plant.

6 Likes

Question? Is there a usual time fram they start flowering? Or its really when they feel like it?
If i do put it under a 12/12 light cycle will it make a difference? Should i just leep it in my veg tent?
Do they get big?

5 Likes

If it started flowering o. Its own it definitely is of ruderalis decent.and best to keep in veg tent.yeilds depends on many factors genetics being the main one.

5 Likes

Its in their genetic makeup when they flower, they are auto-flowering species of cannabis. It looks like a small plant, probably wont be much taller than a couple feet, but because you dont know the exact strain we cant be certain. Let it veg more, get bulkier. Pure ruderalis dont get big, but its more than likely a hybrid.

3 Likes

IMHO 5 finger leaves don’t necessarily indicate a ruderalis plant.
I currently have a purple trainwreck photo clone growing with only 5 fingers on the leaves.
Was 3 leaf for the first bit but still only 5 now.:v:

3 Likes

sup! 8 days after I planted the seeds. Pure Ruderalis :slight_smile:

3 Likes