Cause of droopy leaves during dark hours?

So my beautiful babies are 19 days old, going on 3 weeks and one of them is showing serious signs of dropping leaves, she is the fastest grower out of the group and I was just wandering what could be the cause? It happens as soon as it’s nap time, as soon as my lights go out she starts her dropping. Is she ready to be fed? I was thinking about waiting till they hit 3 weeks (2 days away) to start feeding them. Maybe PH?? I just would like to know what she is telling me, is this natural??

3 Likes

Afaik, they all do that… if you check some of the growers timelapses, like @xgx13xgx’s, you’ll see them ‘’preparing’’ for sleep and later you see them wake. It’s pretty cool. But, @devjyarn might know more about something like this! :nerd_face:

4 Likes

Thanks @kapouic!

@masony122 drooping leaves can be from over watering. They might also need more light/food/wind in order to keep things growing at a steady pace.

5 Likes

Thanks man, will defiantly give these a try, could just be because there preparing for sleep, but will always play it safe for-sure

4 Likes

Hey if u watch the time lapses I put up mine do the same I think they raise their leaves in light to collect more sun and when the lights go out they grows so like us when we stretch we go up out and down with our arms they fo the same I think ur plants are normal

4 Likes

Yeah man I check out your time lapse of day19, and your plants are doing exactly what mine seem to be doing! That’s a amazing video by the way. Your videos Could be Great for educational purposes! But as the lights came back on, she just raises back up ready for the day!

3 Likes

The leaves look good and normal not heavy like being over watered they look good

4 Likes

That’s a good point @xgx13xgx. There are a lot of reasons your plants could be doing what they are doing, @masony122, and keeping track of “if I do this, then that happens” is a good place to start. My plants also get tired and droop at the end of the day, or if they aren’t getting enough water.

2 Likes

Yea like I said think they are fine they grow at night more then in the day I have videos of them doing it in the day as well idk nature is crazy lol
Question though what kind of lights are u using? From the pic it looks like a blurple? Am I right? I would like to make a suggestion and that would be to look at the thread about DIY lighting and build a nice rig. I had the blurples my first run EVER which was only about a year ago, I bought into the amazon sales pitch and spent money on them and only churned out 17 oz on my second run I had built my own light starting off with only 4 growmau5 pucks later adding my hlgs and using the same feeding schedule same strain and actually 1 less plant ( first run had 4 amhurst sour diesel and 1 pineapple chunk second round only 4 amhurst sour diesel) and I almost doubled the 17 oz came out with 892 grams or 824 grams cant remember but lighting made the difference it really helped with temperature the blurples made my tent so hot about mid 80s even with a exhaust and 3 other fans

3 Likes

This could sound basic mon but Some strains show it more than others some may say but I believe the leaves rest during the dark cycle to allow the roots to grow and absorb nutrients…

2 Likes