CBD Extract/Distillate Wholesale Prices

We’re building a business case based in part on initially exporting from New Zealand 75% CBD extract/distillate that is cGMP certified for medical cannabis products. We have one major order but our investment advisors are suggesting we get more evidence of prices being paid. Does anyone have suggestions on where we could get verification of the current prices being paid?
Thanks.

3 Likes

Who are you exporting to? (or rather, where?)

2 Likes

Europe initially probably, but anywhere that wants to buy GMP accredited CBD extract.

2 Likes

We have a Letter of Intent for 3,000kg at US$5,000/kg - just need a second source to verify that kind of price is realistic.

4 Likes

$5/gram is a price I have seen elsewhere. And, some time ago before the production glut in USA, up to $6/gram. But, have also, anecdotally only, heard of $1/gram from South American sources. And, even at $5/gram my own business plan struggles to see decent sustainable profit unless you can maintain high grade raw plant inputs of >40 kg per day. Would love to discuss this one-on-one. Possible?

4 Likes

$5/gram of CBD distillate ? I heard stories that in LATAM it can be produced under 0.20$, but without GMP certificate , one can imagine.

4 Likes

$5/ gram is a pretty accurate market price, in the USA the prices can vary from $5-6.60/gram for medical grade product.

3 Likes

Initially CBD-G was something crazy like 50k :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Whoa! That’s an insane number! Why do you suppose it was so expensive, @D.Ward ?

1 Like

I would chalk it up to availability as there were so few cultivators at the time and the minuscule amount in which CBD-G could be recovered…coupled with the instruments needed. An insane number indeed! As cannabinoid profiles become more controlled and ‘manipulable’ it will be interesting to see where the ‘exotic’ noids come to rest. That’s why products like Soil Balance Pro, @MichelleSoilBP, are becoming a big interest of mine.

4 Likes

Thanks for the shout out @D.Ward. It is true, many agronomists and Co-ops are making Soil balance Pro their SOP for many of the following reasons, increased root growth in clones, reduced plant loss, and increase oil, terpenes and overall potency.

2 Likes