CBD for Pets: What's Best for Cats?

In this blog, the GN staff members share their short list of the best CBD products for cats. Are you giving CBD to a pet? If so, which one and how is it working?

Here’s a link to the article: https://growersnetwork.org/cultivation-resources/2019s-best-cbd-products-cats-health/

2 Likes

I do, but it’s my opinion you can use any unflavored full spec hemp oil, it does not need to be specifically for pets.

3 Likes

In your case, what condition do you use it for and how does it work for your pet?

2 Likes

I use it as a tonic for them. They are generally healthy, with the exception of challenges with their teeth. If I know we are going to be away for the day, I’ll put it in their food. When the little one was having upset stomach, I gave him full spec oil and probiotics. It’s not needed consistently.

3 Likes

A small cloud of CBD vapor in the general direction of my cat is how I administer. My cat seems to let me know when she wants CBD. Funny how it’s really an evening thing for both of us.
I never force anything and don’t spike food.
She is picky didn’t try CBD treats. Just see how things go for now. It’s a really great way to bond being I rescued as a kitten. She still plays daily. Lots of energy. Keyna is her name Key Na.
My cat also knows when I walk in the door with something really good!
Kyle

3 Likes

Beautiful cat! It’s very cool that she associates the vapor with feeling good.

2 Likes

You mentioned putting it on their food, which I used to do. We had a CBD pet line speak recently at my networking event, and she said it should be used as a tincture instead. Do you know if that is true?

2 Likes

Thank you @amy I’m not a vet or herbalist, so I wouldn’t know. I can tell if I give them a bit more, they sleep a bit more. I think the prices on many of these products are too high. Since I broker raw products, I think manufacturers could make them more affordable. I buy CBD for my mother’s nephropathy, if I didn’t get it wholesale it wouldn’t be affordable for her in the dosage she needs. The same for the pet tinctures and treats, I think they could be more affordable. Sorry, I went on a side rant. Cats aren’t fun to give meds to, so I’ll stick to the food.

3 Likes

Hahaha I know! I have one cat who takes it right from the dropper, the other won’t come near me for 2 days.

I am unsure of the food vs tincture, just what I was told. I’d rather put it on their food, if it’s still good to do. It’s just easier that way. :slight_smile:

3 Likes