CBG Biomass Question

Hi GNET,

I have a client who is trying to work out how much to sell his CBG biomass for and is afraid of setting the price too low on that product. Would anyone have any ideas on CBG biomass prices or have sold CBG biomass and can share what they sold it for.

Cheers,

Tony Rullo
CoActive26 - Business Solutions
215-880-3859
info@coactive26.com

2 Likes

What type of CBG levels are in the biomass?

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply RedDirtRx.

The product has 15% CBG. Any idea on price per percentage point for CBG dry biomass?

Cheers,
Tony

Very interesting question. I’ve seen a lot of buzz about CBG but haven’t seen any products that have high concentrations yet. Nor do I full understand its potential benefits.

That said I’d love to buy some of your biomass to use in our cartridges!

2 Likes

This is a very interesting question! I am interested to see if anyone has transacted a sale in CBG biomass. What I can say having carried out CBD biomass deals and seeing the significant price increase for CBG isolate in comparison to CBD, I would recommend selling your biomass from anywhere between 4 to 10 times the industry norm for CBD Biomass.

One thing to keep in mind is the process to extract CBG requires specifically designed machinery to catch that cannabinoid, therefore the price to extract can be significantly higher. This may chip into your price.

Obviously, depending on the volume being purchased, I think it is safe to say you should offer your bud for premium pricing. $5-$10 per percentage point, maybe higher. Feel free to correct me, we are all navigating the field at this point.

3 Likes

Thanks @RedDirtRx. I’ll see if it is possible for the farmer to get some product to you. He only has 20,000 pounds and he has a letter of interest already from someone wanting to purchase all of it.

Thanks @greenrushlabs. I have seen Canadian farmers selling CBG flower for $250 CAD per pound and biomass at $2.60 to $3.10 CAD per percentage point. I am guessing anyone looking for USA made product may charge a higher price. It will be interesting to see how the CBG product does in the market. I will let you know what the farmer sells it for.

2 Likes

If anyone is growing for CBG all of this should gave been thought out well before. The CBG is degrading by the day.
With CBG, mucho mega $ focus and power if you know what your dealing with.
Also cures cancer and helps and prevents memory loss. I should not even be talking about CBG.
The Extractor Engineer wins this game.
CBD at what $3K a key now?
Last I heard CBG Distillate was $40K a key.

2 Likes

Hey @greenrushlabs, As promised I am letting you know that my client has sold his CBG flower for $340 USD. @FarmerK thank you for your knowledge on CBG as your information has helped my client to sell the product quickly as he didn’t want the product to degrade fast and become worthless the longer he waited.

Thanks,
Tony

4 Likes

Hey I spoke to my Key to Life guys and 15% CBG is really high.
Lead me to you maker!!! Synergize
CBG FTW $
Power, focus, energy, eat, sleep, relief, and many more.

1 Like

15% cbg is high??? Hahaha I have one cbg strain that tests down around 15%, the rest I have tests in the 20% and up range. Im currently doing crosses and trying to create more and better strains of cbg. Now I have to find extractors or set up our own lab. We are harvesting hundreds of pounds rite now of various cbg genetics in Tennessee.

I was just offered $1000/lbs for my indoor cbd flower, and $1700./lbs for my cbg flower. These prices I just got where for my indoor hydroponic hemp, not outdoor. I will let you know that price after I finish this years harvesting. Need a cbg/cbd extractor If anyone knows a good place.

1 Like

Hi, I have access to a bulk bubble hash stainless cement mixer cryo in TN if you need extraction.
How about up 350lbs of live resin from hemp in about 25 mins, real as can be.
Option B: Bulk Ethanol Extraction with our new 1000 gal centrifuge. Can do whole plant material including roots which also acts as an alkaline and helps other ways.
There is no need for barns drying trim, or handling = loss of terpenes and meds.
Haul it live to my processing plant in TN and I see you there.
We have huge dryers if needed and seed removal on a bulk scale.
I’m talking hugeness no F’n around.
Congrats on the CBG or CBGa %.
We are in the market for stability in large masses and open to what you have to offer.
I work in TN indoor and outdoor.
There is ditch weed in CO with 15% CBD and some ppl use that for COA’s.

If we do enough test and on different parts of the plant, the cannabinoid range is all over the map.
No 2 samples from the same plant are the same.
Instead of showing the best COA, we show you what you can expect and average and honest so you call me at harvest.
Yes we can cherry pick the 1 or 2 COA from 100 test and come up with something spectacular but we not like that at Key to Life Garden.

At the end of the day, it’s about making people happy and repeat business.
If I tell someone expect 10% CBDa with Abacus Hemp, they can get 12-14%CBDa and feel like they on top of the World.
Sets me up for the whole shabang next year with tea brewer and trust. huge huge huge.
Kyle M

Im up for a chat about this with you. You got my attention, I am interested.