Cdoggs first grow

Huskos!! Damn you have a veritable forest!

Haha no, just a farm I worked on years ago, just part of my roots

1 Like

Looks like you should start another

1 Like

Do you always top your autos? I’ve done autos the last 2 years and haven’t topped them. I thought it wouldn’t be a good idea. Apparently I’m wrong. Does it help the yield a lot?

1 Like

There you go … mud grows autos, breeds them too. He can help you with some questions. There really isn’t a whole lot different when it comes to dirt and water. LoL I forgot i just grew 5 autos last grow. I had grew 2 before that as well. It’s just a preference or ofcourse circumstances.

2 Likes

This is a point of contention among auto growers. Some say it does. Some say LST is the best approach. It varies from strain to strain and, if you do top or fim, timing is critical.

3 Likes

Thank you @mudman , I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Working on it! Spent the summer growing some good sized plants and my swamp cooler failed on watering morning and fried everything

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has some advice. Thinking about potential indoor setups. Only place I could do it is in a small shed. My question is if I put a tent in there, how should I set up ventilation/humidity and temp control in the set up. Is everything inside the tent? Or do I need to cool/ventilate the shed?

@mudman @LoCoRocK @1andonlyredneck you guys have helped me tremendously I was wondering what you have to say. Thank you​:pray::pleading_face:

3 Likes

Lil out of my wheelhouse on that one, I’m in az with hot and dry conditions, florida gonna be a completely different environment to deal with and have no experience in that kind of area

2 Likes

Depends on the size of the shed and your budget for climate control. If you can afford to cool the whole shed, that would be perfect. If not you could put a portable ac in the tent.

2 Likes

Shed is 5x8. I’m newb so still trying to wrap my head around everything.

I could cut a hole in the shed and install a portable A/C. I would still need to ventilate the tent as usual right?

2 Likes

If I had a shed that size and the budget, I wouldn’t even bother with a tent. Seal up the shed, climate control the whole thing, paint the interior walls white and fill it with lights. But… lighting a 5x8 sufficiently isn’t cheap.

5 Likes

If gonna do a shed, may as well just build a greenhouse, save on power in the long run

4 Likes

Right greenhouse is the way to go!

4 Likes

Ya 5’ x 8’ is kinda small to pop a tent inside I think ,you’d definitely just toss a window unit or ductless and cool the entire space. I mean you could make it work they make some ridiculously small tents. Which is a good point - read your dimensions carefully if buying a tent. I’ve seen it happen a couple times in forums with people getting a 36" tall tent. And yes the tents have ports for ducts for fresh air & exhaust. My shed is 12’ x 16’ so I had room to work with and still am considering a second room in mine. LoL take it with a grain of salt but my $‘s with Mud. 5’ X 8’ is a good size for a room and you could even split that if you want in the future - after a couple grows and your “hooked” on growing this will be your thought .lol

4 Likes

Yeah I thought about that. Only reason why I’m thinking tent is because we will be moving in less than a year. New crib will be set up. I’m looking at a 2x4 tent 60 inches high. Starting small, and like you mentioned, I’ll be thinking bigger once this gets going😂

6 Likes

Also, I’m on the Amazon hunt now. It’s very tempting to get the vivosun shabang to make things easier starting out. What’s everyone’s thoughts on these?

2 Likes

Do some reading…type in “grow tent” or " tent to buy" in the search engine up there and see what topics pop up. I know it’s been discussed in great depths in many a conversation in here. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen that exact question, I know you’ll get some hits or discussions on the topic. I’m also pretty sure their tent is alright, you’ll hear whispers of vivosuns lights or fan once in a while but nothing tragic. I think it was a fan of theirs that burnt up a year or so back but I’m no help …as usual. If you do some digging in here you’ll get your ?'s answered.

2 Likes

dont buy a kit that someone else decided what you need. look at each individual piece offered in the kits. then price them out and check if you even need them. some things you will want to upgrade. just because it comes with 4 sets of ratchets doesnt mean you need 4 sets.

4 Likes