Celery-like stems

Hi fellas and fella-esses,
Looking for a bit of info here. I can’t seem to find anything when googling for answers on this.

Have been growing a few years now and this is the first I’ve come across it. A plant I’ve grown from seed has stems like celery, big and thick which when I bend it feels like multiple stems breaking at once and has a celery like structure. I’ve not grown from seed very often so unsure if this just happens sometimes etc.

I’m wanting to clone this plant but the stems are so fat right to the ends I’m not sure whats the best way. Theyre about 4 times the thickness of what I would usually clone

6 Likes

@kapouic have u seen this on any or heard of it yet. Ive had 1 plant that had i stem like this looked like 2 branches mended together like this one pictured but mine was only 1 branch or stem stalk whatever u may call it

5 Likes

Yea these feel like multiple stems stuck together

5 Likes

I’ve have it on a few plants last summer… :nerd_face:

No harm , just a weird stem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I’ve always found that my clones that have the thickest stems root the fastest, and get an insane amount of roots growing on them. I think you’ll be happy with the cuts you take off your plant @nmccarron.
:v:

7 Likes

I’ve had that on several plants…and from different strains. But I am the opposite of you, have always grown from seed, and never from clones. I guess I am always looking for a better strain before I clone, so I usually plant three strains at a time and keep some seeds of each until I find that perfect one. Still hunting lol.

2 Likes

Your lucky, in my country its illegal so never know for sure what strain seeds are. People selling seeds talk shit about what the strain is but 9/10 are seeds from the bush that cross bred with unknown plants

1 Like

Righto bud ill give em a whirl. Cheers

1 Like

You are talking about seeds from within your own country right? Is it impossible or too risky to get seeds through the mail from a reputable seed seller like we do? I sure remember when you couldn’t get seed from the USA on the internet only from across the pond.

3 Likes

Yea locally in meaning. Have got them in previously from overseas but always had big issues getting them in. Typically have most siezed and few that get through

3 Likes

Don’t feel like the lone ranger…Customs got $300 worth of my seed couple of months ago. And I am in the USA. And a legal grow. That is the difference between fed and state law.

1 Like

Oh thats shit. Did it pass through an illegal state or something?

1 Like

Nope THC cannabis is still classified as a schedule 1 drug at the federal level…same as heroine. Customs is federal, so if they find seeds they confiscate them. Bought them in the UK.

1 Like