Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

Yesterday out the screen door. It’s been a hard winter and I threw cow feed to them two nights. And this is what happens.

Cmon up boys. I’ll gut them for you. No more freezer space here.

7 Likes

You do know big daddy 12 point is sitting in the wood edge watching his bitches… That’s the Pappa big buck I want… :scream:
Where are you?? With that infestation I wonder what bag limit is, I’ve heard as much as 6 does before. When they start in breeding and being a problem, cars hitting them, crop eating…etc

7 Likes

County DEPREVATION permits are often available based on adverse animal impact.

5 Likes

Bucks ain’t no dummy…always sending the girls to the front line! :joy:.

4 Likes

Finished about 1am! Making butter out of some so I didn’t have to trim that real good.

I’m at 25% Rh in my room! (furnace) Not ideal, so I have them in a box poked with holes. Problem is no airflow.

Will I have to worry about mold with the Rh so low?

6 Likes

A small fan would probably help also a humidifier if you have any to spare.

3 Likes

Cut about a 3 in square flap in the top corner of one end of the box and then cut a 3 in flap at the bottom of the other end of the box. Cut a flap instead of a hole that way you can adjust the humidity inside the box by opening or closing The 3 inch flaps more or less. If you don’t get enough air flow naturally you can just put a small fan blowing at one side.

7 Likes

LOL, that’s one time that ‘women first’ policy actually makes sense!!!

MCP

BTW the lower the RH the less chance of molding but I do agree a little airflow couldn’t hurt

3 Likes

Yup yup… opposite of mold worries, finishing up faster is what you gotta watch. . Furnace huh… Definitely not ideal, neither is my shed brother. Lol :sweat_smile: we do with it what we get dealt… amen!!
And talk about wife’s smoking it all, mine bitches if she can smell it curing. The nerve right, then commends me when she gets a nice smelly delicious bud.
The holy box reminds me of Tric, I hope she’s doing well. The box method was her trademark, that’s all she ever used. Ive done paper bags many a time.

4 Likes

Yes, I got the idea from her. Hope she’s ok. I should check in on her sometime.
But ya, totally stole it! I’m carrying on the tradition. :wink:.

4 Likes

Good news! Still bud development on Glue Sniffer’s. I’m assuming that means they’re not locked out.

You can’t see from these pics, but the leaves underneath are lush and green.

These should be done in a couple weeks, if I can keep them going till then. We will see.

I need to get my Pina autos popped & planted. Woke up feeling like death. I have everything I need, just don’t feel like doing nothing.

I quick dried a little Crescendo & Zweet Child to sample. No taste or smell (because of fast dry) but strong af.

Zweet Child auto gave me creative energy with a euphoric (almost) psychedelic high. Strong heady high but it didn’t last very long.

Crescendo auto has a euphoric high also, except Indica all the way. Very relaxing high with couch lock if you smoke too much. It also seemed to creep up on me, so by the time I was done I was ready for a nap.

:v:. :green_heart:. & have a great weekend!

7 Likes

Nice buds!

5 Likes

This can change a lot after a good cure. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Its only been 4 1/2 days & my buds are dry enough to cure.

First time drying in the winter. Had an impossible time keeping Rh above 25% in my room.

Oh well, it is what it is. So I jarred them with hydro meters to check Rh.

I’ll check them in a couple hours to see where they stand. If its too low, I’ll add a humidipack and all should be good with the world!

I planted 3 Pina auto seeds yesterday. I started them in peat pods since I’ve been having quite a bit of success that way.

It also makes transplanting them into 3 gal pots a breeze. It’s practically impossible to stun them through transplanting this way.

I’m hoping the Glue Sniffes will be out of my tent in a couple weeks, cause I only have room for 2 other plants right now.

So, buy the time they get bigger, the Glue Sniffers will come out and I’ll have the room.

If any of that makes sence.

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!

4 Likes

Throw a bud from one of the plants about to harvest in a jar if ya need to moisten / slow em up. I’ve done it many times. I also did apple peels one time and it worked out phenomenal. Congrats on the harvest if I didn’t say it already. Full jars is good times!!! :partying_face::partying_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Reel quick backstory… I had buds in my shed drying and AC went out. It was like 100° + for about 12 hours… lol you could drop a bud and it would crumble, explode even. I tossed them in a jar with the apple peels and I sware ppl thought it tasted and hit great. I sware . One cat says - man it hits so smooth I just kept loading the pipe up and was so baked before I knew it… lol. True story!! That bud was brittle af before the peels.

6 Likes

You dried it in a cardboard box and it was still too far? Maybe too much airflow?Huh… Duno :man_shrugging:
Does it need to be rehydrated? Usually a fast dry you can throw it in a jar and it will rehydrate fairly well by itself. The stem up the center still has a lot of moisture in it and it comes out kind of slow so it might take A couple of days for it to come up. Or if it’s too dry I just take a quarter of a sheet of paper towel run some RO water on it ring it out as much as I can and throw it in the jar.

Went back and read your post again and I see you’re using humidity packs. That’ll work for you. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

That’s a good idea, buddy! I’ll have to remember that.

I have tried orange peels with nice results, I figured humidipacks will be spot on so I don’t have to mess around.

You can imagine the time I’m having trying to germinate these seeds! Its 67° and 25% humidity in my room!

Heat mat, space heater, dome…making it work!

6 Likes

Pina Auto Grow with BBP.

Seedbank: chitownseeds.com

Strain : (Ethos) Pina Auto / Rbx2
IMG_20220221_125049

Indoor, outdoor: Indoor

Tent, Room Size: 4’x3’x6’

Lighting: 240w x2 = (480w)

Light height: 24"

Temps (day and night): 78°d -70°n

Relative Humidity (day and night) : 75%

Added Air (fans, portable acs,) : 2-3 fans / 1 humidifier / space heater

Ventilation: Cloudline t4

Pot sizes: 3 gal.

Soil, Coco, or Dwc: NLS/Foxfarm/Harvest Hero

Nutrient type: Super soil / BBP

Ph numbers: 6.2- 6.5

Ec and PPM: 56ppm

Water Temps: 77°

Co2: none

Seed germination date: 2/20

Harvest duration: 70-80 days

Nutrient cycles (how often feed/water): Every other day.

This round I’m trying NLS & Foxfarm one more time.

Going to use a super soil method and try harvest hero perlite instead of the cheap stuff.

Also plan on trying BBP for the first time! Excited about that!

I know by now that NLS will not get me through the whole grow, so I’ll figure out what to feed them when the time comes.

The seeds popped in 2 days and are 2 days old today. Pics when my light turns on.

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!.

9 Likes

Good morning!

This is how I keep the Rh high for my seedlings and low for my flowering plants.

Pina Auto day 3

Glue Sniffer’s look awful. They need top dressed or tea or something. Probably to late for top dress. They should be done the beginning of March.

The light for my seedlings is 24" high @ 100%. I might raise it a little if they don’t stretch, or just lower the intensity.

I only have one grow under my belt with this light so I don’t have it down to a science yet.

I put a humidifier under a crate with the seedlings on top using a dome. This gives me 2 different environments for 2 different stages of growth in the same tent.

As soon as the roots show they will move into their forever home.

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing!

9 Likes

Well I don’t think you missed anything, lol that about covers it all. You know they get used up looking towards the end surely. Make you feel a Lil better maybe :thinking:… hey as long as there’s no mold/rot or bugs that’s a friggen win win with these finicky plants. Youve smoked some of your own home grow dank already?? I can’t remember if I’ve seen you review or talk about your stuff, that proud gitty 1st. Speaking of… Have ever read one of Oly’s review yet? There great dude… LoL
Alright… rooftop mission accomplished- I’m buzzed, gotta do some work… chow!!!

6 Likes