Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!

My Glue Sniffers really took a beating.

I’m stumped.

These plants are not as close to done as the others.

I got ppm down to 1800 but still signs of calcium deficiency.

So, lockout? Or do I need to add cal/mag since I flushed them? Or just molasses for the microbs?

I only flushed until I got the ppms to just under 2000. Leaves keep turning yellow.

Now what should I do with them?

4 Likes

This is exactly why I don’t stop feeding until I’m absolutely certain when I’m going to chop.
The same thing happened to me when I thought it was necessary to flush. I tried starting back on feed again but that just fucked things up worse. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Hap, it’s interesting you say that, but makes perfect sense!
WARNING: PLANT PHYSIOLOGY CONTENT! (LOL)
The flower/fruiting (bud development and filling) stage is the last stage in the plant’s life MATURATION
This is a natural progression and is going to happen regardless!
Small changes in nutrient availability are insignificant
However, A sudden loss of nutrient supply prematurely during flower will trigger the ‘maturation’ mode. In many cases growers observe retarded bud filling, and premature color ‘fade’. The problem is once they change, they are not going to respond to additional nuets…Once you tell them they’re ‘done’
THEY’RE Done!
This is physiological change where the plant actually changes its metabolism to give us our typical ‘fade’ showing us beautiful colors and more intense odors.

The problem is determining how much is insignificant and how much is TOO MUCH! However, it’s safe to say that a nutrient shock is not helpful!
FWIW

6 Likes

So, I guess it doesn’t matter what I do, sounds like its up in the air.

Not gonna sweat it, though. I just chalk it up as another lesson learned. :wink:.

Here are pics of Zweet Child & Crescendo.

Zweet Child

Crescendo :point_down:.

I think Crescendo is really close. I’m gonna harvest this week. Like I said, I’m not wanting couch lock, at all. (I know… it’s an indica)

Zweet Child I believe is right behind.

Whatcha think? Am I getting better at guessing? If not, steer me straight.

5 Likes

They’re both ready for what I like. I probably wouldn’t wait a whole bunch longer myself.

4 Likes

Well, I better get to it. :grin:. I’m starting another Ethos strain this weekend! :+1:.

I hope I made enough mistakes that my next grow will be better!

4 Likes

If your not looking for any couch lock then yeah, just starting to see some amber is a good time to chop as they will still mature a bit after you cut. Man those girls are just glistening, thing of beauty right there!

3 Likes

@chavez78 sh** happens, it’s a learning experience and I’ve always learned a lot from ‘mistakes’ they tend to stick with you!

2 Likes

That’s why I ain’t mad.

Three little birds told me…

"Don’t worry… about a thing,

Cause every little thing… gonna be alright"

Got home from the dispensary today and a bunch of deer in my backyard. They ate all my tomatoes & peppers last year.

Thanks, @The_Cannabowlist … You’re too kind!

6 Likes

LOL, That’s another thing to remember…EVERYBODY’S there to help !!!

3 Likes

looks like ur having a great time enjoy ur grow and good luck

4 Likes

Moby dick that’s awesome

4 Likes

I love that strain. Strongest weed I’ve grown yet!

3 Likes

Crescendo before chop!

Harvesting her today, Zweet Child tomorrow!

Not expecting much of a harvest this round, but it’s my first time growing autos, other then a Critical Purple I grew last year.

Any harvest is a good harvest! I’m still happy! :grinning:. :grin:. :yum:.

Next I gotta try & finish Glue Sniffers. Just gave them molasses last night. We’ll see what happens, it’s in Gods hands now! :pray:.

8 Likes

Awesome man I live like a half hr away from where Herman Melville wrote the book hahaha iv never done any reasearch on that strain so I don’t know much about it

4 Likes

Do you have a bow… I’d be eating venison sausage for breakfast, country fried venison for lunch and backstrap and potatoes for dinner… Like EVERY DAY if I had ol Bambi even sniffing my :tomato: 's out back. Man that is awesome! Friggen crossbow hunting from the kitchen window. Living life!!

7 Likes

Backstrap and potatoes! Now you’re speaking my language! Yes, I get to enjoy venison all year long! Just butchered 2 last month. That’ll last me a year.

6 Likes

My wife actually helped me trim! She says, " it’s the least I can do". And she would be correct! :joy:. (she loves smoking it).

I’m gonna start trimming Zweet Child since she is in a helpful mood today! Gotta take advantage of this! :+1:. :wink:. :yum:. :grin:. :v:.

7 Likes

Ummm… wrong

My wife does nothing but smoke it. Lots of it… :joy::rofl::face_in_clouds::face_in_clouds:

6 Likes

Lol. What would they do without us! :joy:.

5 Likes