Cheap Cloner Setup?

Hey I have been thinking of getting into cloning because I have some seeds that I want to get the most out of.

Would this be a decent setup for $50?

Plant Cloning Machine - Deluxe 21-Site Bucket Cloner Kit by PowerGrow Systems https://a.co/d/5JcgD9s

Do I need to have a lid if I can control the tent RH ?

3 Likes

saves you from building one and it would root cuttings

I would say yes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi
I’ve built this for myself because I didn’t have fifty bucks to spend and I’m extremely surprised at how well it works

Note I’ve got aquarium bubblers in the plastic tubs fed by an oxygen pump I’m following the grow weed easy 10 day cloning tutorial timetable and actually hzvd my first two successful clones in the ground and thriving as we speak :kangaroo:

4 Likes

Sweet! I love the DIY style.

I’m just being lazy and ordering that cloner bucket :bucket:

4 Likes

I just use a domed starter tray, rock wool cubes, heat mat and clone X jell. if you’re just Starting to clone and you’re just gonna be doing a few at a time or even a dozen if you want it’s a good way to start out. And you don’t need to worry about what you’re going to planet it in. You can plant rock wool in any other media. You can use almost any container that’s tall enough with a clear top. cheap, easy and effective. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

This should work great for what u wanna do. All u need with it is some clonex solution and ro water mix and pH to 5.8 and let it go just too off with ro water as needed til u transplant.

4 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses:

I already ordered clonex gel and solution as well as pH up & down so I should be good to go!

5 Likes

Yeah I do 7se gel also but it’s not needed really if u clip and get in water fast enough. I dip in gel right away because my mind it seals the stem from sucking up air into it causing any limping issues during the time it takes to get roots. 95% of my clones never limp at all .

5 Likes

Great hint :+1:t3::blush:

3 Likes