Choices choices

So for years i have been a fox farms kinda guy. I usually use a mix of half ocean floor, half happy frog, and a bag of earthworm castings. Ive used grow big and tiger bloom nutrients…

Now dont get me wrong. I love using fox farms. And it always performs well for me. But here recently I’ve been trying out new things. So I’ve started using promix hp. With just eartworm castings and some fox farms happy frog dry nutrients. And i actually noticed alot more rapid growth in comparison to the fox farms soil…

So I’m considering stepping out and trying something new.

I need a recommendation for a nutrient line up. But I’m not trying to use something that requires a bunch of steps. That’s what i like about fox farms. Just add to water, ph, and go…

So i just wanna know what everyone Else is using. What do yall recommend.

8 Likes

I work in Pro Mix HP or BX I do add perlite/vermiculite to it

I have always just used Jack’s Classic 20-20-20 for veg and 10-30-20 for flower

under the LEDs I just ordered some Cal Mag to add to it

Jacks is a dry powder one part fertilizer

all the best and be well

Dequilo

7 Likes

I have also been adding perlite… ive honestly never used cal mag. If i have been using organic nutrients as directed, if i get yellowing i use epsom salts.

7 Likes

it does work well for that :slight_smile: there is no Calcium in Epsom salt that is why i went

with the Cal Mag

“Soilless mixes are usually based on peat moss, coir or composted wood. None of these provide high levels of calcium or magnesium which means that they need to be added along with the fertilizer.”

EDIT also adding builders sand to soil-less for sicilia

6 Likes

So i need to get a cal mag and a silica to run the promix efficeintly??

6 Likes

nope just what I have found that works for me :slight_smile:

I have used Pro Silicate which works well, helps give your plants stronger cell walls

hold up big buds better, harder for bugs to chew them

5 Likes

See the reason i wanted to make the change is seeking denser buds.

6 Likes

Genetics play a huge role in that

5 Likes

Such great advice @dequilo and genetics is important. I think the silica does play a role in the bud density.

5 Likes

Why thank you :slight_smile: I have always tried to share what I have done and what has

worked for me

I have been in a thread at another place with some growers for the last week

talking about all the different things we have run into when changing from

all HIDs to all LEDs

that nutes and the uptake of nutes are different under these different lights

they need a bit of tweaking

with Metal Halide/ High Pressure Sodium plants not growing? our solution has

almost always been throw more watts at them :slight_smile:

A HID 400 watt lamp will cover a 40 inch by 40 inch footprint and your plant can

be 40 inches tall from the top of the pot

No PAR, no PPFD, no VPD, can you check all these things? sure if you like

not as needed as with LEDs

but I have to say LEDs will grow some hard ass buds used correctly with your

environment dialed in your grow is explosive

outside is so much easier :wink:

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

4 Likes

Yesterday my wife gave me my valentines day gift. A box of my favorite chocolates. And stuffed down inside, there were 3 seed packs from royal queen seeds…

What a position that i am in now. So i just recieved 14 seeds from my buddy @PreyBird1 a few weeks ago. And im currently waiting on a few more to come in the mail. And now the additional 12…
I have 30 plants going right now. So i dont even have space for any more genetics. At least until closer to flower when the undesirables will be removed.

But it will all work out in the end. Because i still have some work to do to get the grow room all finished up. I am putting up a time lapse camera before my next grow. Here is my next line up Thank you guys for your input. Thank you for the advice. Most important, thank you for watching…

.Royal queen seeds.
Royal cheese
Purple queen
Critical (cup winner)

.preybird farms.
Monkey slapz
White caviar f1

6 Likes

oh so many seeds to grow :frowning:

5 Likes

Im tuned in to see this. Am growing White Caviar x runts x monkey slaps of @PreyBird1

5 Likes

Poor, poor, pitiful me. LOL

6 Likes

I’m also a big fan of jacks I run the 321 at 3.6/2.4/1.1 it’s hard to beat the price

6 Likes

Do you use the 10-30-20 the entire flower cycle?

5 Likes

Do the wife’s gift first. Happy wife = Happy life

5 Likes

a week before flowering I give them a drink of 10-30-20 and week 3 of flower I give them a half rate

drink of the 20-20-20, last week - 10 day just water

most of the time

6 Likes

my vote also :slight_smile: have had the same wife for 41 years

take the good advice :wink:

6 Likes