Clawing/cupping auto

Second time grower here my auto flower seems to be developing a little yello spot on the bottom leaves and they are starting to curl/ cup alittle bit. I have given the plant no nutrients due to the fact of nutrient burn in a past grow but could it be a deficiency? Any information/ tips would be helpful and thank you for your time!

7 Likes

Welcome to growers network
That’s nitrogen toxicity
Let me get some dirt people in here.
@Jimhigh66 @mudman @OlyBoy @Slym3r

7 Likes

Agreed. Looks like N clawing. What kind of soil are you using?

7 Likes

Agreed. It’s too bad you’re not using nutes. That’s exactly what I look for. As soon a I see it, I back off on the nutes a little to let the plants catch up, then I add more nutes again.

So my guess is that it’s your growing medium.

Honestly? I think those leaves look beautiful. Depending on what kind of soil they are planting in, I might leave them right where they are.

6 Likes

They will grow through it. When you start your nutes take it easy.

5 Likes

I am using happy frog from fox farm. I’ve read if I have a nitrogen toxicity I could give it a possible flush but honestly I don’t know what’s the best option for my plant

5 Likes

I’d let it ride. You might get some burned tips, but you shouldn’t have any real problems. Flushing won’t help much at this point since you’re in an organic soil. The plant will gradually use up what the soil has to offer.

6 Likes

Yep! Keep doin’ what you’re doin’! When you think you see signs of any deficiencies that’s when you’ll want to start introducing nutes.

You’ve got a few weeks to go though.

6 Likes

perfect! thank you for your help everyone!!

6 Likes

I am with @mudman and @OlyBoy.
I would let them grow through it for now. I had the same issue when I used FF soil.
I have switched to SOHUM. The auto’s seem to like it much better. Especially in their first 4 weeks.
Will keep checking, but don’t fret to much with this current issue.
Niceley done to this point!
:fist:

5 Likes

I’m totally planning on trying sohum with my fall/winter photo grow. It looks kinda pricey, but the pics I’ve seen in your grow (and one on ILGM) have convinced me to give it a go.

So now you have to come back and keep sending us pictures of how your plants are doing. :joy:

3 Likes

Update: the plants are still clawing and getting very small spots on the tips of leaves but I’m not too worried but I do see some beautiful white pistils forming

6 Likes

The new leaves seem to be clawing pretty hard and one of leaves has a purplish tint to it. This plant might need some tlc soon haha

4 Likes

It looks like high nitrogen problem is progressing, the clawing has definitely increased over the last 8 days and I’m starting to see more burnt tips on the leaves. Are you feeding nutes at all or is the plant still trying to adjust to the hot soil?

3 Likes

No nutes at all. I think it’s trying to adjust to the hot soil but it’s progressed with the clawing in the past two days

2 Likes

Are you feeding before lights out? Watering at night causes this too

4 Likes

I have in the past but it’s rare I usually give them water when the light comes on. This plant gives me a headache haha

2 Likes

Ok enough of this man this plant needs some phosphate/guano and some cal mag really wouldnt hurt. No nutes in flower bad idea. I would either do what i said or transplant this into a bigger pot with more nutrient soil. Its really being stunted now. Think of it like this… Its like a growing child with no food! How ya gonna grow big and strong with no food. Whats the ppm of water going in? Tap water? Have you tested the ph of the run off? I used Fox farm one time. never again. Get a dakine420 sampler pack for $40 and help your plant. Some roots organics hp2 liquid guano would be a good idea.

3 Likes

I will look into that for sure and I have tested the ph of the run off and it was alittle over 6 on the ph scale. As for the feeding stuff My other plants are doing just fine without nutrients, this plant is the only one giving me problems haha thank you for the advice!!

2 Likes

Hey for $40 its worth trying. I started using that same sample pack after using many brands. It’s so good and they can prove it because there are pictures i can show you and lab proof. This is all use now and they dont sponsor me or support my grows. I only use this stuff because it works well. In fact i just made a big order for another years worth of nutrients. Can i ask you this question: can you clone your plant 2x so you have 2 of the same plants and grow one again with no nutrients and another with nutrients and compare? I think once you try a little nutrients you will be surprised. Damn i might do that test my self to see how that works out. Thats a great idea! I’ll make a couple small plants and test this out now. But you should do it also. Ill make a ygread about it. :point_right::+1:

3 Likes