Clone size concerns

So I have about two to three weeks before I will harvest. The clones I did for my next grow are getting a little big and I am concerned. Does anyone have any tips to slow the growth without hurting the plants? Should I even be concerned? I have a separate starter box for seed and clone which is 4x4x2’ and my grow room is 8x8x8 Which means I have to harvest before I can move them to the 1 gallon pots (5 gallon later). Any suggestions that have been successful in the past?
Thanks
Dave
starters

3 Likes

One thing you can do is give them real high blue light, in the 6500K range, that will slow them down, but it has to at the same time be a full spectrum light. And keep your lights as close as possible without burning the tops, they grow more nodes rather than up as fast.

HTH

4 Likes

t5 florescent makes for real slow growth.

3 Likes

Yah. T5 make a nice slow super green veg ,
More than slow I would say helps in concentrate the internodes , so your plants will be less tall and more compact ,
But, if u need to do that right now I’ll suggest just to do some cut ( perhaps cutting the top ) in order to increase side branches and not to make a tall plant … anyway I think u will be fine with short wide plants

2 Likes

You can also move the light closer to your plants looks like they are stretching for the light.

2 Likes

I would just top them that would buy you a week or more

1 Like

A few thoughts.

1. Stop using see through containers, you can see that there are no roots reaching the outside of the cups as roots need darkness, But even more importantly, light penetrating the container promotes Algae and fungal growth. then you end up with fungus gnats etc…
  2. The plants probably should have been pinched (topped) a few weeks ago.
  3. When they reach the size you want and your not ready for them, you can cool them down keep them on the dry side while still under high light and they’ll just sit there until your ready for them
2 Likes

Thanks for all the advice. It was very helpful. We just purchased an additional 10x10 tent to dry in and put my 5 gallons in so I can have multiple grows staggered at the same time. I will top them and change to the red solo cups to start (never thought about the light effect on the roots). Also I do run T5 for the starters/clones until they go into the 1 gallon air pots.

1 Like