Cloning your plants

Solo cup, soil or soil-less mix, sandwich bag. Get powder rooting hormone as well as gel. This is called the double dip method. You also need a source of warmth to speed the process up. You want a final cut with three nodes 45 degree angle, close to the node as this is where the roots will come from. Dip in gel then powder. Place in medium, firm it down. Sandwich bag on top, seal it with tape. Keeping them separate like this prevents contamination or pests from spreading through ball your cuttings. Place under 18/6 light cycle. After three days cut a small hole in the bag. Make the hole slightly bigger every day. If they start to droop, fold the bag over to close the hole. You will eventually see new growth. This means they have rooted. Have a good one!

3 Likes

You know back in the day I had great success outside cloning. With soil in small pots and putting a plastic bag over like you said bit I just twisted the sack underneath the pot and left it for a couple days in the sun and it rooted in 5 days. I did couple test clones and half made it. Just getting ready and practicing for a couple mother plants coming. My root powder is old I found out. I just got some clonex gel and I’ll try it out. Want to clone these little beauty’s

4 Likes

Cloning my plants Monster Cropping

taking clones in the first 3 weeks of flowering the stretch period

tools

2 medium size plastic containers

plastic cups filled with tap water

Root fertilizer (jell or powder)

Scissors or surgeon knife or both

rockwool cubes

Toothpicks to make the holes in the cubes bigger if needed

plastic doom

Now that we have everything we can start cloning

Instructions

Fill one plastic container with tap water and add the roots fertilizer

Take the rockwool cubes dip them in the mix plastic container and let them sit there until they are totally soaked

Take them out of the water squeeze gently so they stop dripping

Clean the scissors with alcohol and start cutting

Start by cutting clones from the bottom part of the plant

depends on your grow method cut only what you need

put all your clones in the cups with the water

using the knife or sharp scissors cut the stem in a 45 degree angel and then cut the bottom stem in the middle, split them and cut half of the leaves off leaving half a leaf

Dip them in the jell or powder, insert them into the rockwool cubes and put them in the doom

Now that the fun part is over the only thing you need to do is take care of them remember to keep the doom moist

5 Likes