Cloud's Shenanigans

Ouch yeah, them Biotches be Hangry…
I’ve got one I’m feedin Bobs Blue Magic and at 3.6EC(Jacks) and I think she could take more, she’s slurpin a gallon a day, exactly 3 weeks from flip and dime size hedgehogs. I’ll try to sneak in for a pic, but I need to go rototill my outside garden to try and dry it out, so if timing works.

6 Likes

This is exactly why I preach pick a nutrient line and use it. Mixing and matching is not for the novice. Pick one they all work it’s just some more better for you than others there’s so many variables storage shelf life volume and the biggie is strength. I’ve never seen two nutrient lines that run the same numbers, ever. When you start with a specific nutrient line you get a feed chart and that’s what you start with. You add Calmag if necessary. Once you get that settled in then you can start to tweak it… but that is usually after two or three grows with the same nutrients. You have to crawl before you can walk. You learn to read your plants with the basics and go from there. using this from over here and that from over there never seems to go well. Starting with something that has the chart is so much easier. :v:t3:

7 Likes

I’ve ran tps one whole grow just added in bud candy and the big bud two waterings since I had them laying around didn’t want them to go to waste. I will nit mix and match from now on if that’s what your suggesting. And have stuck to the chart.

5 Likes

Thanks dog I peeked over at youe stuff recently and they look really good man. You got some good phenos there

5 Likes

On another note one of my Gelato is doing some more weird stuff check this out. Two branches topped themselves and started growing two

7 Likes

I’m not familiar with the line of nutrients you’re using. Are they liquid or powder?
Your plants look hungry. I think you might want to increase your nutrients. :thinking:… maybe 10% over the chart by volume for one feeding. The large leaves that are not totally yellow that are just starting to fade should start to get greener. If they get a little greener feed them the same amount again and if it doesn’t change give raise it a little more. As soon as you get a little bit of tip burn stay there or back off just a hair and they will green up and be happy.

Them leaves that are totally yellow are goners. They will not come back. :v:t3:

6 Likes

They are liquid. I will increase a bit and see what happens

6 Likes

Haps got you covered, so I can be lazy!
I am only going to REITERATE the fact that when you have bud development going on, there is a TREMENDOUS increase in nutrient demand!!
You obviously have a lot of buds developing on that plant…whatever nutrients you are using It’s not enough!! My advice is, don’t be concerned with ‘adding something else’ just increase the concentration of what’s been working for you!!!

Learn to recognize ‘nutrient robbing’! Whenever you start flowering keep a close eye on those lower fan leaves…it they start yellowing one of two things is a CERTANTY!

1. You’re locked out
  2. You’re not providing enough nutrient, as Hap said, that plant is cannibalizing those lower leaves in it’s best attempt to feed the flowers…

If you don’t recognize the symptoms and respond quickly, you will sacrifice bud quality, quantity, and even potency!!!
Keep an eye on that pH and EC/ppm throughout your grow and you’ll be amazed how fast your grows progressively get better!!

FWIW Bob

7 Likes

Gosh after seeing dog feeding at 3600 ec and my auto doing fine when it was spiked makes me wonder and question a lot of what I’ve read and been told. Obviously it could be strain related to a point. Bur apparently we got some heavy feeders around. I’ll start going back up and find that sweet spot. Just makes me appreciate yall that much more understanding all these different strains and even plant to plant could be the same strain eating at different levels… this is an art and we all want to be Picasso. I’ve learned so much from a lot of you thank you.

7 Likes

On another note do you feel it eating so heavy earlier on and when I corrected it is when I noticed the issues could that maybe be the problem it got use to eating so heavy and now normal isn’t enough?

5 Likes

I get in flower the demand for nutes goes up just seriously when I seen my readings I couldn’t believe my plant wasn’t fried as one of the Gelato would’ve been in a heartbeat

5 Likes

I just fed at 1200 ppm 2k ec and it obviously wants more. Sucked that gallon down within day day and half.(this is in 3 gallon pot)

5 Likes

cloudy,
Just precautionary note here…many members you see feeding high EC/ppms are utilizing BBP!
Those treated plants are a different animal and their metabolic rate is pedal to the metal…

The best thing for you to do is what Hap stated…test and record the pH and EC/ppm of your nutrient solution being fed. Then test and record the pH and EC/ppm of your DRAINAGE water.
As long as your drainage water has an EC/ppm LOWER than your feed nutrient level you are NOT going to lockout.

If the drainage water is quite a bit lower than your feed water, you can start incrementally increasing your nutrient concentration. As the drainage numbers approach the feed numbers, slow down and maintain…if your drainage numbers EXCEED your feed, you’re approaching or very near to lockout…just do your next few with plain r/o water and keep an eye on the ‘balance’.

EEEzy peezy…your plants are now TELLING you what they need!
Best of luck!!
Bob

7 Likes

I got my book I’ll keep on’a watching it. And yes Bob that bbm(Bob’s Blue Magic) as dog calls it is definitely going in next round! Thanks for your time as always.

5 Likes

7 Likes

@happilyretired turns out I was locked out at 5.5 running good again. Been reading on the tps one and some people had that issue 4th week in flower with soil. People running hydro saying it works great. Got her balanced back out now thanks for your input always. Here we are today…

9 Likes

The end is near.

12 Likes

13 Likes

Beautiful!

8 Likes

@OlyBoy thanks bro. Patience is paying off. Getting some color to her now…

Ahh sneak peak at my three leafer purple pleaser… lmfao nvm that I think I’m stoned.

10 Likes