CMH veg to LED flower

Interested to hear thoughts/considerations/experience using 315 CMH for veg and full spectrum 8 bar LED (1650ish umol/s PPF) for flower? Good strategy? Looking for great quality and yield. 40ish flower plants.

2 Likes

You can take your plants all the way through flower with a CMH. I remember WAY back in the day, I was probably one of the first to use the CMH bulbs by Phillips, they were made for showcases in stores to show things as they would look in natural daylight. The biggest one they had was the 400 watt horizontal. You ran them with a Sodium ballast, or one that would do either. Then they quit making them…boom. They then started making them in a vertical only. Phillips was the originating company for the CMH bulbs. Full spectrum, seed to finish. They worked great. Haven;t use MH or CMH or Sodium for 15 years at least. Never switched up in the middle so don’t know about changing over but if your LED is full spectrum with IR and UV I can’t think of a reason it wouldn’t work.

Marty

3 Likes

Thanks! Are you doing LED throughout the full lifecycle?

3 Likes

Absolutely for years now, started with the Blurples like most did, soon as they came out with the half and half COB + Blurple, went to that and now am using full spectrum white 5000K with supplemental Far Red and Photo Red for flower. The 5000k grows short fat plants, the far red and photo red get the flowers going along with more trike production. Here is a snap I just took they are getting close. About a week more for this particular plant.

Marty

4 Likes

I may be way off, but 1650 umol for flower is alot, I stick around 800 to avoid foxtailing. Any thoughts on this? I’m new here but not to growing.

2 Likes