Coco dry back issues

To all experienced coco farmers, I am going out of my mind! I work for a commercial company. We use Flora flex 2 gallon Coco Bricks which need to be hydrated and tilled before use.
We have had no problems with dry back until 4 or 5 weeks ago the plants started getting root rot. I went from watering three times a day to two times a day and now I’m only watering once a day and in some cases just spot watering individual plants.
We also switched from floor flex nutrients to crop salt. Could this have any effect on the dry back and if so would it be that dramatic. I tried to get 10 to 20% run off on my first feed and keep it 50 to 60% throughout the day but lately it’s acting like soil.
My theory is that the people that are tilling the bricks aren’t doing good enough job and the bottom stays solid with little oxygen getting through. Everybody else thinks I’m overfeeding them. I’m used to the saying that you could almost never overfeed Coco, I need some help. I’m feeding the one to two week flower plants less than 500 ml each a day. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

Any perlite?

3 Likes

No, started as compact bricks

3 Likes

I will put volcanic rock chunks in the bottom of my horrible potting soil for my house plants. Add perlite for more drainage.

3 Likes

Very good idea

3 Likes

Is there any chance you switched from the 45% WHC quick fills to the 60% ?

3 Likes

They are 60% but they always have been

4 Likes