Cold start seeds?

So ive been told by a couple older growers that u can cold start ur seeds in a wet paper towel in the fridge and it will make them a little tougher? Is this true and if so what are the benefits?

Never heard of that one.
Always start at 75-80 deg
They need the warmth to initiate the germination process.
:v:

2 Likes

Thanks man :+1::grin:

1 Like

NO NO NO NO Do not do that!!!

1 Like

Anyone here soak their seeds in a peroxide/water mix before putting them in papertowels?

Lol there are so many ways to do it. I use a paper towel soaked with clonex nutrients. Or rockwool cubes in solution with nutrients. I feed my seedlings the second they are sprouted until the are harvested. I feed from seed to weed. But some people might flame me for that but i dont care. I sprout in 65% light also. I never do dark sprouting but there always in light. Never had an issue. In 20 yrs. I do like i do and not what others do. I try the opposite of what everone does.

2 Likes

I like ur style bruh. Haha. Just for shits n giggles I just might try this dark cold start with a couole seeds and see what happens :muscle:🤷

2 Likes

I grow and give my opinion… I say I do this… trust me it works for me… you can disagree with me and I don’t give a rats ass… yes do what you do…and never change more than 1 thing per grow or at a time or you don’t know what did or didn’t work…weed is so easy to grow… but like chess hard to master…oh and buddy’s 5 plants… damn every calyx basically is showing a seed…lol… some are 5’ tall by 5’ wide…lol… that will be a lot of seeds…lol…thank brother…

1 Like

if you have seeds that you don’t care about just incase it doesn’t work go for it… that is a way how you learn…

1 Like

Nice bean city brother.

1 Like