Collaboration project strain. White caviar x white Runtz x Blue Dream

Which is the rhino? Excited to see that coming back!

4 Likes

The far right one. There’s 3 but i think i have 2 males.

10 Likes

Here is the Four white caviar / white Runtz X blue dream that I have going. I’ve been ignoring them for the most part there in 1 gallon pots/bags. They just started showing sex and it looks like I got one boy and three girls.

9 Likes

looking beautiful @PreyBird1 finally back after moving and stuff and my god white runtz leaf structure is beautiful on outdoor grow

5 Likes

Nice mine are still short! Ive been forcing them to stay small. With a led that has lots of blue light.

@csrtslammer good to see ya back around again!

6 Likes

These things have been outside since I put the seeds in the dirt. They didn’t have nothing to eat for a long long time. Funny thing is I fed them and they start growing really good. Imagine that…:face_with_diagonal_mouth:

6 Likes

I have a feeling these are gonna be awesome. Bottom one got light burn.

9 Likes

They looking good to brother @PreyBird1 nice and lush

4 Likes

I’m guessing that the Dream he has is a good one. I grew Dream once. Was very dissapointed, got the seeds from ILGM. Very ho hum smoke. I actually got the Dream seeds because of some I smoked from a dispensary in IL across the river, it was one toke lay you out stuff. So there is a VAST difference between what is being sold as Blue Dream.

Marty

6 Likes

Same for Runtz. Same for a lot of strains out there that were picked up by other breeders than the original and spread throughout the industry again. So so much variation. For a lot of strains truth is there isn’t “one specific pheno” but a bunch of crosses that can vary a lot indeed.

Someone creates a strain out of xa en xb and names it "xxxx’ and it turns out a great succes.
1000 different breeders now make crosses with xa’s & xb’s, select different pheno’s for different properties, … but they all name it “xxxx”

Then how can you get a uniform tasting strain.

Some of the winner strains should get patented or protected, like an AOC for certain wines f.e. and only sold through the original breeder.

8 Likes

I got bluedream beans from a few different people. I threw the seeds in and got the best male and best female. Then crossed those two to make this blue dream. Liked it, so I crossed it again just for the beans.

6 Likes

Which river in illinoisme? Hahaha I grew up by the Kankakee River.

7 Likes

Thats also why you see strains out there that say clone only. Lol

7 Likes

Yep clone only plants. I have several clone only plants. I also will only let out certain clones of what i have but important stuff for me goes nowhere. If i dont want to share it. I will never let it go. This is also why i kept my Runtz pure. I had to Reverse it and make my own. And the mother i used was just amazing. So now when i really like the strain i will mate it or self it to get seeds now. I had lots of live strains but as i make them into seeds i slowly stop growing it. But i now have the seeds to keep for 5yrs or more.

8 Likes

Looking good @PreyBird1.

6 Likes

Wait another 5 plus years and you will really be happy you kept that Runtz pure. Ive noticed over the last few decades of this, as time goes on the strains fade away until you only have a select couple growers that say they have the original. Like my widow for instance. Those beans came back from Holland in 1996, so hands down the original, yet after recloning over and over all of these years, and then seeing others, it faded away only to be found in huge amounts of crossings. Ive seen dozens and literaly dozens of white widows out there that are supposed originals…yet they dont look like mine nor what i remember others looking like back in the day. So…after all my babbling…im saying hang on to that pure runtz cuz she will be a sought after plant in the future when she fades away from the regular public. Lol I dont think I explained that rite hahaha anyway, you know me Prey, theres a reason for my large collection of original oldies.

9 Likes

Yes i love to keep the pure cuts running. I made seeds. And im currently growing out 2 white runtz and 2 Runtz from the original seed stock i created all mine from. And i have 4x seeds of each from the originals after these. But i have already cloned them. And im gonna clone the plants you sent me @bullfrog420 and i will be. Cloning my entire garden again. To maintin all my mothers. The blue dream and GG4 plants im growing from your seed stock are kicking ass also!

8 Likes

@PreyBird1 lets see those plants brother they already in flower? The gg4 and dream that is.

7 Likes

No there not in flower yet i just topped them and cloned them tonight because i cant flower them yet. not enough room. Im flowering 3 tents right now and vegging like 5.

7 Likes

Oh shit. That goji seems to be trucking along nicely though. You always cloning i love it.

6 Likes