Color in seed, does it affect germination

So, I used the colloidal silver method so I can get myself a nice seed stockpile. My question is I’m getting a lot of light colored seeds and a few bigger dark ones. This pic is 2 different strains. Banana kush auto on left and white widow auto on right. They are hard seeds but just so much variation in them I’m worried they won’t germinate. Some of them aren’t the seed shape, kinda oblong.

2 Likes

The seeds are riper when darker. I test a lot of immature seeds. And i have have found more developed seeds have a 5-7 days head start on more mature seeds. The whiter or the more pale seeds may not even pop. I always squeeze each seed and usually the bad ones will just crush between your fingers easily. Good seeds will not break under the force of squeezing them. The yield of the slower seed is similar but lighter yield total. Some may grow all retarded like. I have one seed that grew an amazing plant its such a weird plant. I still grow it today. Its like 11 months old. Weird little Bush plant. But its fun to have a around.

7 Likes

Should still pop @dillydilly in my eyes just a different strain producing slightly different seeds I’d try pop some see what happens and good luck

2 Likes

I do have more than enough seeds. I’ll try popping a few to see what they do. Just wasn’t sure if it will affect what the plant looks like/yield.

3 Likes

@dillydilly You can test the seeds yourself, which Iam sure you will do in time. The seeds on the left are more than likely fine and seeds vary from dark/brown black to light brown. If you put them between your fingers and add pressure they should not break.

4 Likes

@rod do you have thrips on the bigger plant? Looks like somethings is amiss!

3 Likes

No. I don’t think so…it’s living compost soil so there are insects rising but none staying on the plant…but all these plants are a little weird…they’re 3rd generation crossed with themselves using colloidal silver…just experimenting…it’s so hard to get decent seeds in Australia…

4 Likes