Commercial Grow Estimates

Hi Everyone,

We are planning a 2,000 sq foot grow to set up…eventually. What kind of estimates for output would you think are reasonable?

We spoke with a consultant who said a good grower will get 400 pounds annually in that size space, and that’s assuming it’s all dedicated to the grow and not manufacturing, offices, etc.

What say you, the good and attractive people of growers’ network?

1 Like

40g/ft ² of dried flower per square foot of canopy space is my working average. 5 harvests a year would be the max.

Yield is extremely site dependent. You might get double that amount or half of it.

8 Likes

I’m pulling about 150g a square foot on some strains but averaging closer to 120 on the entire room but that’s actual canopy footage.it extremely strain dependant .also you will need room to work probably 15% will do.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks. This is closer to what I’ve found.

1 Like

120 per square foot!? I said “good grower”, not all-star grower, lol.

What kind of strains are you running for that kind of output?

2 Likes

I expect to see great numbers off the aficionados estates strains this run surpassing Duke diamonds strains that I got the 120-150 a sq ft off. But munson by Dominion consistently gives me close to 150 sq ft and alien orange congalease as well. The first run w aficionados strains ,they were 5 weeks behind the Dominion seeds strains so they were smaller going Into flower. This run they are much bigger than dukes stuff and crazy node spacing on many.

3 Likes

Well on the data set im making…150 seems to be a very impressive outlier!

I’m going to have to bring these strains to Colorado to try them out. If that doesn’t work than ill have to bring you to Colorado, haha.

3 Likes

Haha funny :joy: they will treat you very well :blush:

1 Like

I built a lot of grows and dispencaries out in Colorado. What part you thinking of rocking out at?

1 Like

Wherever we can find a 2,000 Sq ft warehouse with 20’ ceilings that we can get permitted, haha. Most likely in the greater Denver or Fort Collins areas. I live in Broomfield, so something drive-able is ideal.

Im assuming you built alot of the places in Denver?

1 Like

Started in Longmont to Boulder, then to Denver and built grows in Centennial, Aurora, Highlands Ranch, Idaho Springs, Dillon, Frisco, Breck, Vail, Edwards, and Steamboat Springs…then I moved down the mountain the other way to Fairplay, Alma, Woodland Park, and last was Co Springs. My broken body couldn’t handle the 4 weather changes in a day so we had to leave. I miss it, but man do I love Tennessee…like Jerry said…Aint no place id rather be,take me back to Tn. Hahahaha

2 Likes

I built a grow in Evergreen a while back too. I almost forgot about that one. I loved going to Look out mountain and having a smoke.
Dam, i forgot about Nederlands too,hahaha ,Annes Cafe is awesome. If its still there.

1 Like

so…everywhere! Yeah the weather isnt why im in Co. I even coach football out here so if there’s bad fall weather in Co know that im probably out standing in it.

My gf used to live in Nashville, its nice down there. Im originally from Texas so I appreciate warmer weather. I refuse to move back to Texas until things are more legal. So ultimately my Colorado venture is to prepare for a Texas venture down the road.

You’re still setting up grows?

1 Like

According to our case in Los Angeles, 4200 sq fts farm , indoor full cycle planting,our 1.0 v 600W fixture , 210pcs fixtures. Seeding : 18hrs each day. 20~25days; Veg & bloom: 12hrs each day, 8~9 weeks to harvest. . 2.5~3.1bls per fixture. Sure, Yield is extremely site & strains dependent.

2 Likes

Hi Lyne, thanks for the post.

So 210 lights in a 4200 Sq Ft, awesome! How many of those lights are dedicated to flowering?

That way I can calculate exactly how much output you’re getting with the entire facility. Thanks! Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I do still set up grows. Im just picky who I do it for now. Before it was all business and $, now its about who I click with and how I can help them. I just finished design a grow for the guy down the street actualy. Hahaha

1 Like

Hello Coach_J,

Thanks . Actually, all these fixtures are to full coverage of seeding, veg, flowering. etc. Very economical. That case equiped with the previous version only. Now, hot version fixture is the other ones. Estimately, 150pcs enough for 4200 Sq ft. and more fields certainly. Moreover, master controler to control them all ,very convinent. Only for your information.

Thanks again,
Lyne

2 Likes