Commercial Grow with T5 fixtures?

Hi Everyone,

Integrated T5 Led technology is improving. Would it be possible to use these types of fixtures in a commercial grow? They can be wired for 100-265v, and you can daisy chain 5 of them. A commercial grow would have to be able to wire a few hundred of them, I just want to know if it could work.

1 Like

Here’s an example of the type of fixture.

1 Like

Those could work but the bulbs are not for for growing. I wouldnt do it. There shop lights not grow lights. All the bulbs would have to be changed. I have a T5 like this. I also i have T5 fixtures in 1x bulb, 4x bulb, 12x bulb. I even changed the hulbs out on these and there grow lights.

1 Like

Yes, these aren’t the exact lights I’d use. Im actually looking at importing T5 full spectrums that will do much better. They have a mimicked spectrum of fluence brand led fixtures.

These bulbs have integrated ballasts, so 1 bulb = 1 fixture. Classic T5s you put then in a 4x or 12x fixture, but these you plug in individually and daisy-chain em.

2 Likes

Are your new lights the 41 watt or HO 54watt?

2 Likes

Perfect thread for a question of mine. I have a t5 ho - 4 bulb with 6500’s in it now. I bought and use it as a shop light with intentions of growing with it. Don’t you have some bulbs you recommended before, maybe led conversions for the t5… I can’t remember what you said.

1 Like

Yes here.

I love the full spec one.

2 Likes

Theres a lot of choices but no need to over pay.
Using 41 watts each saved me money. And they make very little heat.

2 Likes

Bookmarked …thank you once again sir!

2 Likes

No problem i tested them and have them. So let me know how it works out.

2 Likes

Somebody really ought to tell Spectralux that is “fits in any” not “fix” …lol they say it on every bulb description…

3 Likes