Cone Filling Machines

Hi everybody,
I’m looking for your experience with cone filling machines. I need to get the labor cost for filling cones down. I’m looking at the Futurola KnockBox and other such devices. Are they worth the expense, do they improve efficiency, and what are your costs for labor with these various devices?
Any information you can share with your experiences would be appreciated.
Regards,
Dennis

2 Likes

We (The Clone Brothers) have the Futurola KnockBox and it is working great for our production. We are diligent about stems, even the smallest piece will create inconstant packing and open pockets as well as poke a hole in the cone.

We sampled a run using a machine process (food processor or bullet); and quickly decided against it… all materials are hand ground now and separated to get the perfect grain size, consistent packing, filling and burn… well worth the money nd looking forward to purchasing another unit.

My recommendation is to purchase the complete Futurola unit and a second set of hardware so you can move production into larger numbers with a smaller team of about 2-4 filling, closing and packaging.

4 Likes

Thanks for the response Clone Bro’. It’s the cost per cone for labor that matters. Soooo, if you don’t mind sharing, what is your cost per cone for labor? We are paying $15 per hour for labor here in western Washington.
Regards,
Dennis

2 Likes

The Futurola works great for us. Now that we’ve mastered it we can pack, twist and tube a hundred pre-rolls in less than 20 minutes with one person. @theclonebrothers has it down. Hand ground only. Do not use any blenders as it will cause the pre-roll to burn unevenly. Be diligent about removing stems as well!

6 Likes

Kirk,
Now that is impressive. I like that. Thanks for the response.
Regards,
Dennis

3 Likes

@tamarindotradingco Hey Dennis!

If you guys ever need to scale up and/or explore more efficient pre-roll solutions, feel free to check this out. http://stmcanna.com/products/rocket-box/

Would love to hear feedback!

Jessica

4 Likes

Can you explain your hand ground technique?

2 Likes