Consultant Recommended?

Hey Guys, can anyone here recommend a good grow room setup consultant that they know off? I’m just starting small Here in New Zealand as the laws are just changing.

thinking of doing 100 light setup 600 wat HPS approx 1000 square feet…

thanks in advance

5 Likes

If you can call me (928)243-3516 its United states, Arizona

1 Like

Calling @mastergrowers, @GrowOpEmployees and @growopowners to help an emerging operation in New Zealand

1 Like

Hello kohatugreen,

I am an Arizona medical cannabis card holder and caregiver, so I am totally legal for use and growing. Now that aside, I have a 40’ high cube shipping container that I turned into a grow facility that is totally mobile as needed. I designed and built it myself. Overall interior finished dimensions: 7’-6” wide x 36’ x 8’-6” ceiling height. Because I have high standards I built it to clean room standards. It is super insulated, 12,000 btu a/c, though with my next one I’ll up it to 16,000btu’s. The summers here in the desert can be brutal. But, 12,000btu’s is sufficient any place where the outside temps average 100° and under. I am dealing with average temps of 110° and over. Now here’s the sweet part, my inside temperatures were maintained at 76° to 78° even on the hottest days. The a/c unit just had to work harder. One of the main reasons I was able to easily maintain my temps was my selection of lights. I wasn’t going to use metal-halide lights. Way too hot and energy guzzlers. LED… I’m not sold on them yet. I’ve tried them with mixed results. What I did find and ultimately chose and use are ceramic metal-halide lights. Best decision I made. These lights are energy efficient and run cool relative to standard metal-halide. And when I say cool, they burn no hotter than a 60watt incandescent light bulb. The bulbs are full spectrum. My babies loved them. I run 6 lights, the a/c, 6 fans and a humidifier (I live where the humidity level averages around 20%) and at full electrical load I’m pulling around 56amps. My setup is very energy efficient, which I needed for growing in the desert. So if I can give you one piece of advice; find you the most energy efficient full spectrum lights. I’m also all organic and absolutely NO pesticides. Happy growing

3 Likes

Sounds really tight for all that’s required, including veg, curing and trimming.
You going to grow with soil or hydro?
What size pots?
Why 600W, is height an issue?
Do you have a drawing?

2 Likes

JeffFlesh,

I think it would be worth your time to check out the LED lights from Thrive agratech.
I am good friends with one of their reps, he’s honest and very smart.
And their lights are awesome
I’d be happy to connect you two.
David

1 Like

How do growers determine max or optimal density for a given space? Are there proven formulas/paradigms? Or is this more art than science? Maybe the commenters said something specific you keyed in on when making your comment?

2 Likes

Are you using shelving to increase the density of plants vertically? Did you see the idea for container retrofit somewhere else, or have you built one out for other purposes before? I wonder why there doesn’t seem to be a modular unit for sale out there similar to what you did. Or are there some on the market?

2 Likes

jeff
here is the light I was thinking of.
http://www.thriveagritech.com/products/apex/

1 Like

Calling all consultants in the @Lighting group that can provide educational expertise to help out @kohatugreen

1 Like

I can provide you with a consultation. Sending you my contact details and some information to your inbox now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Different cultivators favor different layouts and use different media so, there is definitely no standard. That said, the growing method that I learned while at GrowoniX proved itself as a top yielding method and placed 16-20 1 gallon pots or 6x6 rock wool cubes in a 5x5 space to optimize light with a standard hps hood.

So, taking 25 sq ft per light and multiplying that out, along with factoring everything else that needs to happen in a stand-alone cultivation was the basis for my questions.

2 Likes

what do you think about height? Is there a requirement you would work with? Occurs to me that of course it changes throughout the lifecycle of the plant but I’m also pretty sure that there should always be a certain amount of buffer space for airflow, light, access for treatments/inspection/etc…

2 Likes

I can consult

2 Likes

rbrady@cultilux.com I can consult start to finish. Email if you want some help. Happy Growing

1 Like