Couldn't even finish my first Grow without upgrading

upgraded the lights Spider farmer 3000 to run veg and the 5000 to bloom and flower

6 Likes

5 Likes

started buying Vivosun 1000 followed by a 2nd Vivosun 1000 to quickly wanting to pop more seeds followed by a spider farm sf 1000. i didnt have enough understanding of the process and figured this was much better set up…

3 Likes

Had some kinks to work out still stretchy and pH is not consistent the seedlings are now above under the 3000 to give everyone a visual.

6 Likes

You think smoking weed is addictive, try growing it!! Lovely upgrade @WashingtonTweed , bigger buds to come. Thanks for sharing.

7 Likes

Great start. You are lightyears ahead my first grow.
I’ll be watching.

4 Likes

Keep the lights as close as possible without bleaching or burning to keep the stretching down.

Marty

4 Likes

Good afternoon fellow growers, this is what trichomes looked like before darkness for 24hrs what does experience say since mine is zero, leave for another 24hr in dark chop hang or chop and hang 24hrs i don’t want weak stuff and the intel i’ve taken in says things can reduce quickly. Thanks for attention time and support much appreciated…

2 Likes

I have been playing around and wondering about that and unsure exactly how much stretch in flower was normal and healthy almost like growing bigger faster to flower i was mindful of bleaching from being to close with that giant beanstalk growing for the sky,i tried usingn 2 vivosun 10000 weak lights in a 36"x20"x60 " side by side the girls didn’t seem liking it like i had seen…

2 Likes

Thanks for your support hope to pay it all back 100 fold or more with time to everyone…

2 Likes

There’s a ton of theories on this. But the science says after several hours of darkness the plant has sent most of its nutrient and moisture to the roots. I’ve tried this that and the other thing. And I really haven’t seen a difference one way or the other. I chop my outdoor down just before sun up, so now I just follow mother nature and after 12 hours of darkness mine come down. If you really think about it big picture what you’ve been doing for the last two or three months adds up to what you have right now. More or less darkness really isn’t going to change that. So I say do what makes you feel good. Because in the end that’s all that matters. :+1:t3:

3 Likes

I’m hoping to help others with the wisdoms learned with my life, I am no licensed pro but happy to always give my experience or perspective if you ever have a question happy to try and help…

1 Like

Hell Yeah I ran them consistent 18 and 6 since autflowers and hit some periods with stress and slower growth which i could the difference with them growing definitely my ph being off is part fault for the lack of me not being able to go off routine calendar schedule and i’ve never done and def wont feel good then there is more than way to skin a cat… Thanks

1 Like

I understand and get the stretch which helps lead to air pockets buds that aren’t as dense and phat because of the reach your experience saying that to me let me go back take a look and it clicked instant you made my life less confusing Thank You for the attention

2 Likes

What exactly are you talking about in this sentence?

2 Likes

never mind lol

2 Likes

From the jump i hoped to become perpetual and have these girls earlier in flower where i was watching the growth figuring out healthy stretch or light placement and your valuable knowledge from the experience gave me all my answers seeing the plants right after. I knew instantly once i saw them these are my second set of plant that started growing about 30 days after the previous. The Shorter stretch will extend more solid dense flowers that run up and down the entire branch to much strech and she remains airy with holes in growth and less yields density ect. Thank you once again giving me clarity let me also note same batch of white widow autoflower seeds ILGM

4 Likes

The different strains grow different some of them make one big long bud other ones have smaller buds stacked up the stems. Indica‘s grow a shorter stockier plant. Sativa‘s generally stretched quite a bit more and a lot of times wind up with more spacing of buds on the branches. Some of the density of The bud comes from the light some comes from the nutrients and some comes from the genetics. So if your genetics are good your light is good and you have a good nutrient system, greatly increases your chances of having quality hard nugs. This year on my outdoor one of my most potent plants is all very larfy buds. It had the sun for a light it had the same nutrients as all my other plants. The only thing left is genetics. The quality of the smoke is really good it’s just not dense.YOU DONT NEED HARD BUDS.Larfy buds work just as good. At least in my experience the density of the bud does not reflect the quality of the smoke. It’s just perception that came from somewhere that causes people to think that denser is better. I find it might be better for appearance but doesn’t reflect on quality of smoke.

6 Likes