Curing for the first time

Ok just here to express some learning that I’ve noticed with curing. And 1 thing is I was burping wrong I think by opening about 3 to 4 times a day and letting them vent for 25 mins and up :man_facepalming:t5::man_facepalming:t5::tired_face:, is that they didn’t get to get it’s humidity up past 49% at times( Yes I have bovedo packs @62%) . And that would cause them to still be dry. But now am opening once a day and the humidity is going up + 55%. And am definitely noticing the difference in the buds after 2 days. Is starting to break down like weed should and not jus crumble apart and I can’t lie am really thirsty to see the next steps like the smell really coming in but for now am :sunglasses:

4 Likes

@Growmanwilk18, thanks for sharing that tip with us. You only realise how important the curing is when you are so close!! I hope your buds come right.

3 Likes

It would be really wonderful if some shared their curing methods for those new at it.

3 Likes

Facts and thanks bro. I kept telling my cousin who thinks he know everything I needed to cure for a longer time. Now am ready for the smell to kick in.

1 Like

Yea I really wish it was a meet up for this cannabis stuff bro.

2 Likes

I got flower thats a full year cured.

1. I trim all the big fan leaves wet.
  2. I hang branches in 70 degrees 30% humidity 3-5 days
  3. Then i trim buds off branches. Into shoe box with parchment paper and let it sit for 3 days.
  4. Then into glass jars with bovidas or integra packs
  5. If fan leaves are to dry and crispy i use a 62%
  6. If there lightly crispy and buds are a little moist i use a %55 humidity pack. Works well for me everytime.
5 Likes

You like the wet trim method? And a year cure hope it was some pressure

2 Likes

I grew a lot of flower and finally getting to the last but. I like to cure for 30-90 days at least. I trim a little wet, then more when its drier.

3 Likes

Pretty much how I do it, I am in no big hurry between grows as I don’t sell, and only allowed to have 8oz on hand ready to smoke. I don’t do the shoebox, what I do is leave them in my tent hanging in the dark, and set my infinity humidity controlled fan at 45% till it stops running all day, my basement stays at about 35% humidity… then jar them up and burp every couple of days keeping them in the dark tent in the basement at around 60 degrees.

Just bought one of those 4 packs of humidistats that got posted about a couple of days ago so should know more about actual humidity in the jars this time. I use gallon pickle jars with the metal lids with the silicone seals built in to the lid top. I keep those in the dark too, because of the clear glass.

Oh and yes…I like dill pickles lol

3 Likes

Very good idea on the infinity fan. Nice trick there.

2 Likes