Cuttings already flowered after 2wks

Hi guys iv received some AK-47 cuttings and they are already in flower what should I do? Is this normal?

2 Likes

What has your light schedule been @fresh31? Do you know what stage of growth the mother was in when your cuttings were taken?
I take my cuttings from my mothers around 10-14 days into flower. I have to run my lights 24hrs to reveg those cuttings or they would continue to flower. I gradually decrease to my 18/6 light schedule by 2 week in veg.
I’m forced to take my cuttings that late because of my perpetual grow I have going on. It’s all in my current grow journal if you want to see pics of the revegging.
Led/T5 CBD Durban Poison is the head of the title.

1 Like

To be honest tygrow78 I have no idea what stage they were taken the only thing i was told he had lights 18/6

1 Like

What will happen if I cut the bud out???

1 Like

Ahh do not cut the bud out!. Let the plant adjust to your light schedule and if its not enough dark time to flower properly the plant will revegg and grow normal. But its going to take 10 days to swing the other way and grow it could be 2-3 weeks. You have to be careful when switching light schedules. It messes with the plants internal timer. And photoreceptors and the plants florigen. Soil and other events like timing of lights all play a part in flower development. This is a huge topic im the floral world. How does the plant make the flowers. What combinations of florigen FT or what part of floragen causes what reaction in the plant to trigger the flowering and creation of flower.

2 Likes

If you want to speed up a little put the plants under 24hrs light or 23/1.
You light schedule is causing the flowering.

1 Like

@PreyBird1 you are truly the rocket surgeon of cannabis!

2 Likes

Thankyou for the kind words @Olcoot
There are far better growers here than me. I just try and help if i can. People helped me here and i try and return the favor. I know quite a bit. Im learning as we all do here also. Outside of this forum i cannot have intellectual conversations about this topic because most people who sell or smoke have no clue about how the weed is produced or have little care. Here its like the disneyland of growing and skill building and networking abilities. Amazing place for all who want to learn. I find it fascinating and stimulating here!

2 Likes