Dealing With Law Enforcement

Been on the legal side of things for a little while now and it feels great. Yet here I am sitting in front of the county jail with anxiety like a mother fucker. Want to visit someone very close to me but it’s way harder than I expected suddenly. Anyone else have similar experiences or advice?

6 Likes

i worked for a guy big into cannabis activism… to put it lightly, he was outspoken. he was raided and arrested on multiple seperate occasions, and me being a nice guy, was a go-between for the grow op/ his wife and kids, and himself. it wasn’t fun, but everything i did was legal, i was a card carrying patient with legal access to work on the plants. it wasn’t fun, but i burned down heavily before and after stepping foot in the cop shop. that was years ago, my “boss” is 2 yrs into a 6 yr bid in another county, basically related to cannabis but to be honest… he was hard to work for. there’s always gonna be some anxiety, like having a cop behind you even when you’re rolling clean as the young folk say. i get that still, and i’ve had a clean act for years now. just dot your “t’s” and cross your eyes. make sure you’re clean n legal before ya go. then eff em. eff em all. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

You just take that first step. Go visit them, dont let your anxiety get the better of you.

8 Likes

I did the visit. Wasn’t going to let my anxiety stop me. Did end up yelling at a cop though. They have these stupid kiosks where you schedule your visit. It wasn’t working properly so I asked a cop for assistance and he was not helpful in any way. Told me to get time off work and come back Mon-Fri. Seriously? Way to serve your community…

4 Likes

I HATE law enforcement! I spent days searching for a f**k the police sign to put in my yard without luck.
Phew now that’s out of the way.

There are absolutely good and bad cops. I label most as kids that became officers to prove some kind of point or payback some hurt ass feelings they received. My sons step dad is a lieutenant locally in the force, and shows me constantly what a good officer can be, and how a police force should treat the citizens they work for.

So while it can cause anxiety, and a lot of them are just shit. There are also a lot of good ones that stand for our rights, and aren’t “out to get us”

You’re just visiting, you get to leave, light up a joint and enjoy the rest of your day. That’s the important part!

9 Likes

I know they are just people doing a job. Have nothing but respect for anyone in public service. First responders and veterans especially. The county and state officers just always seem to have a stick up their ass. Town cops are always way more chill.

3 Likes

Those guards aren’t cops. They are babysitters with napoleon complexes. The cops typically don’t provoke those they know might snap.

6 Likes

truth. cops de-escalate. turn-keys will goat the hell outta you.
i should say most cops…

5 Likes

no cops or good. need to avoid them @ all cost and avoid all truck stop too from my experiance under cover cops use truck stop as a look out point to get an easy arrest

2 Likes

So how did it go? You visit your friend?

An interesting story I have is:

About 3 years ago a bill was proposed in South Africa to decriminalize cannabis. In the subsequent weeks a man was arrested and given 6/7 years for 498 kilos of cannabis found on his property. The leader of our local cannabis political party ( daggaparty.org.za ) called me and said I am on my way, and staying with you, we getting him out of jail. So he travelled the 1000 odd kilos to me on bus, had about 3 lever arch files with paperwork.

The following day we off to the prison as he had set a meeting with the head of the prison, the main man. There was me, thinking ah I would just be a host for an activist, ah I would just be giving him a lift 50km to the prison, then there was me, sitting in an the private office of the warden, governer stoned talking about how its against human rights to incarcerate a man for half a ton of cannabis. I was debating my life at that moment.

The followup to the story is the man who was sentenced for cannabis only served 2 years and was released on parol. I actually saw him yesterday, working for the same company he started with a about 1 year ago. Big smile on his face, free at last.

Here is a picture of the two of us having a barbeque a couple days after he was released. Cheers to a good life, freedom and growing buds.

7 Likes

That’s a great story man. Love hearing about people fighting against cannabis prohibition. My visit went ok I guess. Yelled at a guard because they wouldn’t let me do my visit. Friend is out now though so all is well that ends well.

7 Likes