Delta 8 turning into Delta 9?

I’m not sure if this is the proper place to ask such questions, but I’m running out of places to find answer.

So I’ve been making CBD products for a couple years, and selling 3rd party Delta 8 products for the past several months. It’s been so profitable, that I decided to manufacture my own carts. I started with distillate that was certified at 88% D8, with ND on Delta D9 or THCa. After heating and adding a 4% White Widow Terpene profile, I filled the carts and sent one out for testing. The results came back at 80% D8 and 14% D9. Can someone explain to me what could have happened here, or should I be questioning the lab results or original COA. I understand a lot about the biological side of cannabinoids, but I’m very limited on the chemisty side of things. Any info is greatly appreciated, cause I’m looking at a pretty decent loss.

5 Likes

Welcome @dustinlanek to the forum @bullfrog420 should know something? Hes makes his own carts and hes a legit hemp farmer but knows sooo much more. I was looking at his new roto evaporator equipment for his lab. Very cool. Maybe he can shed some light on the subject?

6 Likes

@Tygrow78 may be able to assist as well

5 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Hydro.
Their’s a big market for D8 right now for medical pts @dustinlanek. I don’t doubt the testing facilities. They’re usually really accurate with testing different cannabanoids. It’s the levels of the cannabanoids that I might question. Here in Oregon it’s not a big secret which labs will bump your %s up for the right price. It’s sad!
I hope @bullfrog420 chimes in. I’d like to here his take on the subject.
:v:

4 Likes

Bullfrog420 wasnt feeling to hot today. Old army injuries and he could be sleeping. 10hrs ago?

5 Likes

Hey Prey,I think my body is in shock. I just slept 3 nights in a row. I have so much energy rite now, mix that with the constant adrenaline dumps I get…man…i am like a hyper spastic flying squirrel on crack. Hahahaha

6 Likes

Well this comment and question sparked my inner wtf. Hahaha i even called a friend of mine who is a certified lab chemist. He makes some great quality stuff too. He sells delta 8 carts ready to go out at $10. a cart to me. Anyway, he does this in a massive scale everyday. He has the same reaction as me…thats a bit weird. Lol I dont see how you can activate something thats not there. If that makes sense. Id make sure to test the same again if possible. Maybe even look into the white widow terps.They are supposed to be thc free tho. Anyway, if you do another batch. Test the flower before, then test at the end again. I will say this about those tests. Ive had to send mine out to different labs for testing before. I did an experiment with out telling them. I sent bud from the same cola to 3 different labs for testing. I also sent each of the labs another sample. So these guys all tested basically the same bud and retested it a second time thinking it was a different sample. I got an array of different numbers. Seriously, for the same test material. I did this cuz Ive had a massive problem with getting hemp strains from people that have never had it test over .01-.02 delta 9 thc, yet I cant seem to get them under .09-1.0 and I did not want raided for stupid shit like that. So when I showed the state insoector she was lost and said, hm, thats different. Of course, I also had to give her a class in when the lroper harvest times are. Anyway, its also why i got permission to cross what ever i want and if it pops hot i dont get in trouble, but supposed to destroy it. I hate how I am supposed to learn how to grow badly to be able to make the legal numbers. Sorry if I ranted off topic. Id

10 Likes

No no man that was interesting. Glad you slept better and dont jump on me you flying spaz! Lol

7 Likes

A chemist friend just hit me up. Here is his text.

“May have not washed it completely, some conversion may still be taking place. All ph.”

4 Likes

Hi I’m new here. I live in Indiana 54yrs been smoking for 40 years recently just switched to Delta 8 trying to learn all I can about it if anybody could Point me towards good articles not the Google everybody says but what to look for in quality Delta h Clarity color it would be much appreciated thinking about starting a business in Indiana selling Delta 8 products thank you

2 Likes

My buddy is a lab guy here in Tn and sells his delta 8 carts whole sale for $10 per cart minimum 100 cart orders. His is a nice yellow clear color. Anyway, I added this comment to help give you price ideas kf whats out there from others if you do decide to rock delta 8 in indiana at a store.

3 Likes

Dude I love Delta 8 and have started selling locally I need somebody that’ll send me like 20 of them at 10 apiece until I get enough money to buy a hundred you think he might do it thanks for your response to by the way dude have an awesome day

2 Likes

This is not a sales site.

1 Like

Sorry I never got back to you. Ive been swamped trying to cut several thousand hemp clones for farmers to make their spring outdoor planting.

1 Like

And Im not on here buying any products.

From a forum hosted by a company thats based on selling overly priced equipmemt. Hahahahaha thats perfect. Lmao

3 Likes

I wasnt talking about you bull.

2 Likes

Hahaha Im just makin cracks being a smart ass. Lmao. Im having a great day today!!! I hope yours is going well too!!!

4 Likes

So personally, I am exercising A LOT more when using Delta 8 (read more on Does Delta 8 help with anxiety? - Your Delta 8 Resource Guide ). It’s a great motivator (for me) to drink that water instead of a beer, take a couple laps around the block vs sitting on the couch… etc. I am a believer and glad this is available.

Heck, I rode my bike almost 20 miles yesterday around Sherman, Denison, something I wouldn’t even think of doing on a D9 buzz.

4 Likes

What has been your thoughts on inconsistencies in batch ingredients between companies? Ive heard some very poisonous ingredients being allowed because the fdc isnt approving those products. @rshow

3 Likes