Developing an old new strain step by step

So I decided to grow an old strain, Not to old but one that is not being produced at this time . I wanted to include all of you.

1. First I had to decide what I was going to develop. THC seeds use to produce Stinky Pinky . So I want to make my own version. I’m going to combine Barneys Farm Pink Kush and Crop King original Skunk.

2. I purchased both seeds well 10 of each.

3. 9/3 Placed seeds in containers with a pinch of Kelp from NPK industries and 4 drops of Yuca from nectar of the gods Then filled up the containers with De ionized water. Now let them soak for 24 Hours .

4. Drained off liquid from containers and placed seeds in wet paper towels ( I also used de ionized water) then placed in zip lock bags and placed in a dark place. At this point the seeds have cracked and showing tails . I will keep them in bags for 24 to 48 hours and the will have a well developed tap root. I will up date each step . and include picture as they grow.

11 Likes

I’ll be following along. Sounds like a fun project.

2 Likes

Does anyone have pollen from a proper male they feel is breed worthy? I’d love to buy some soon to start a breeding program.love to have some.purple afgan pollen and Durban’s poison pollen haha

4 Likes

Il be following along as well

3 Likes

Ive been diving deeper and deeper into breeding. And here and watching. Hope u find a Princess to call ur own.

My first cross was a Humboldt’s Purple Trainwreck with an Afghan Hash. Nice combo in theory.

3 Likes

I am planning on dropping the last 6 Durban poison seeds in Jan. Hoping for a male. So far I got 3 females and 1 dropped and lost :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If your still looking then I will let you know if I have some pollen.

3 Likes

Sweet tks man that’s great :wink:

1 Like

Here are two young ones in the project top pic is the skunk , bottom is the pink kush . they will be used for cloning stock . I will also be placing them into tissue culture for preservation and will share this information when its their time.

5 Likes

I have some pink kush x blueberry kush in flower. Pink kush is soooo good

2 Likes

I have some Afghan kush pollen I want to cross with some gold leaf…PWM hit this year bad everywhere around here so I held off…

4 Likes

Botrytis devastated my outdoor conditions late flower in my region were nasty wet and stormy it sucked ass!!!

1 Like

I have Af1 seed brought over. Thinking of a good pairing for it.

1 Like

I think I have afk seed aswell atleast at some point I did. Lol hard to remember the genes I’ve lost to time

1 Like

Here is a few shots of my current pink kush x blueberry kush. Just flipped.

3 Likes

12/1/19 Here is an update , Transplanted one female pink kush and one male Skunk and a female skunk into 7 gallon pots these will be my mother and father stock.

12/12/19 Snipped small branches from mothers and father for Tissue Culture explants multiplication .

3 Likes

I know what you mean I get a lot of rain where I live. I have been trying to breed a mold resistant strain for years now. I think I found it . This next outdoor will be the test.

I also ran into wpm 2 runs ago and a tiny patch staarted developing on a clone this last run so i killed or gave away everything did a super deep clean waited 2 weeks with uvc hepas running full blast deep cleaned again and started with strains that have a history of high resistance wpm was insane in my region this year i beought it in somehow and the temps and rh were not yet quite under control but as u said i busted ass got all back up now i will never mess with a strain with any history of being disease prone lol what a lesson to learn!!!

WPM is systemic… as per many local growers…

1 Like

After my experience I agree like i said i killed that specific line off and gave away all that hadn’t had issues 2 strains had direct contact with the wpm in the scrog and never got it im 2.5-3 weeks from harvest on the autos and there good i went NUTS with the cleaning and made sure my environment was dialed in 100% now everything seems healthier than the first 2 runs in this setup thank god

This outdoor everyone had it locally… the conditions set up a perfect storm for it…

1 Like