Diagnosis help

A buddy asked me if I had any thoughts as to what’s going on with his plant.

I’m guessing leaf septoria…any other thoughts? No bugs and only on a few leaves

Cheers,

Packee

2 Likes

You stole my crayons !

I would say 99.9% leaf septoria (yellow leaf spot)

I take it he/she just entered flowering recently, it usually starts with the bottom leaves first, then spreads really quick

1 Like

No he’s outside but and our area is aug for flowering so shocked how it’s that prevalent already. He says only a few leaves tho. I’ve never dealt with it, only read and seen issues of it.

Cheers for the quick reply from and like from @covertgrower

:v:

Packee

1 Like

@piper The google machine says it’s not an issue ?

Thoughts and possible treatment?

Packee

See if this helps, I never had it indoors … knocks on wood …

I had 2 plants outtside that I had to destroy, I got lucky the other 13 didn’t get infectd, it spreads fast.

2 Likes

Those spots usually have a dark border, every spot on the leaf acts as a receptacle of a spore.

Edit: Are those “spots” bumpy or no

2 Likes

Man im glad i dont grow outside. But outside weed is damn good. Back in the 1990’s the best weed was outdoor grownm

Hmmmm loving this guy’s… Well sorry not loving it for your friend @Packee… So I just read that article @piper … Where would this be coming from is what I would ask myself? It says it can form in the soil or some equipment might be infected like netting and stakes or what not… What the setup look like?.. But good thing it’s probably still early enough to catch it

1 Like

I grew outside in the 70’s, I miss it and I don’t.

@scotty17 Septoria cannabis - Wikipedia

2 Likes

I agree, and I was confirming with you.
I haven’t seen many cases of of septoria, but the few all appear the same.

Being a fungus, I would imagine hydrogen peroxide would be a good treatment. And removal of the affected leaves from the grow area.
I’ve never treated for it, but this seems reasonable to try.

4 Likes

@piper I’ll Shoot and txt and ask and refer him to your link

Cheers

Packee

2 Likes

@piper says no bumps so we’ve leaned more towards leaf hopper. We’ve been very dry these past few weeks.

Cheers

Packee

3 Likes

@piper Update from yesterday. He found a few more leaf hoppers but we did get a bunch of rain last 2 days so hopefully that is solved.

Cheers and :pray: again for the help

@covertgrower thanks for the help to brother

Cheers

Packee

2 Likes

I’m interested to know what kind of leaf hopper did that kind of damage, I’ve never seen anything like that from a leaf hopper, especially the color on the leaves.

I am happy it is solved. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for updating us what it was!

2 Likes

@piper we get a lot of these candy ones here

I’ve seen a lot in the last few yrs, but like you never noticed any damage on my plants.

Packee

2 Likes

Damn, so pretty, so much damage, thanks for the info.

2 Likes