Diagnosis needed yellow burnt leaves

This happened pretty much overnight or just over one day. Problem is it’s hard for me to diagnose it as I didn’t give her nutes I put the gf in charge. She said she might have put more of one of bloom A or B. It’s caused a lot of leaves :maple_leaf: to curl up and dry out fast with yellow brown colours almost like fall. She missed one watering also so it ran dry a bit…

I use the full range of advanced nutrients at the following ratios:

Bloom A and B: 4ml per litre
And the following at 2ml per litre
Bud candy
B52
Big bud
Sensizym
Ancient earth

Grown in coco.

2 Likes

I just ordered Revive from Advanced Nutes to try and rectify this, also ran about 3l of plain tap water through her

2 Likes

Really need pics in clear white light to see much. But I’d recommend a flush to be safe. 3l isn’t really a flush. I don’t know the recommended amount of water for a flush in coco but in soil it’s 3 times the pot size. So 5 gallon pot needs 15 gallons of water. I’m betting coco probably only needs half that though.

And I should add there’s no fixing it. The leaves won’t recover but you’re trying to keep it from getting worse.

3 Likes

Remove any leaves more than 50% damaged

3 Likes

This happened to me on a grow from clones. AN seemed to think it was a calcium problem and pushed me toward the coco bloom to fix the problem. Above reply is correct, The buds won’t recover. Trim them out now

1 Like

I’m using coco bloom right now I did a couple things: raised the light, flushed twice with tap water and then again with their Revive solution at 5ml per litre

2 Likes

They’re crispy that matter?

3 Likes

If they’re crispy they’re dead and removing them won’t hurt.

3 Likes

Have you checked the runoff pH and PPM?

3 Likes

I take anything that has any type of damage that is over 50% damaged, the plant will spend more energy trying to heal than replacing.

1 Like

Runoff was ph 4 something but I need to check the calibration as it’s off ph shouldn’t need calibrating with AN though? Haven’t checked ppm don’t have a tool for that

2 Likes

Ouch! That sounds like a rough situation!

It sounds like you may be dealing with some lockout or worse! My recommendation is to 2 step flush and feed water in place of scheduled feedings for a week or so. Is your medium drying out normally after watering?

2 Likes

Would you recommend that long in soilless media?

2 Likes

A week is probably not necessary in inert media but I would definitely recommend a cleansing with H202 or hypochlorous acid to knock out any potential bacteria or pathogens that might be lurking :mask:

2 Likes

Great advice! I have waited a week before and found it too long, my plant ended up really hungry, lol

2 Likes

Your plants will “tell” you when they are “hungry”, if you can learn to read their communication. Leaves yellowing from the bottom up after the flush are one sign that your plants are hungry

3 Likes

That’s what mine told me, definitely.

2 Likes

If you want cut out all bad buds and stagger through the grow. Or cut your time loss and start all over with new coco coir. It sucks but better than 2 months of work and no rewards.

1 Like

So, so far I’m running tap water and Revive at 5ml per litre so we will see, there is only two weeks left on this run, so disappointing!

1 Like

Looks like a phosphorus deficiency! With advanced nutrients for additives I use 1.5 teaspoons per gallon

2 Likes