Did this plant go hermaphrodite? (clear pics)

Hey everyone, this one bruce banner auto I have had some water depravation damage so I’m trying to salvage it, but I noticed these this morning.

I’m a super noob so is this hermie or just a football shaped pre-bud? Are those pistils coming out of them? I’ll admit I’m freakin clueless.

6 Likes

It looks like a hermie to me, wait before doing anything until a couple of other people weigh in on it though! @PreyBird1 @happilyretired what do you think.

6 Likes

No those are pre flowers but they look polinated. Lightly squeeze them if the hard there seeds. If there soft and squishy that is what you call a mature plant. Like a grandmother.

9 Likes

Damn shes aged fast the water shortage/damage might have made her finish how old is that plant??

6 Likes

More questions temp? Light cycle? Nutrients? Could be pistil burn from no water or misting at all on pistils will burn them. There sensative stigmas and actually catch the pollen in the air then the hairs start turning red from the bottom up. I pollinate a lot and in a lot of my pics you can see the stigmas/pistils/hairs whatever you call them.

6 Likes

I have noticed though that i was watering some flowering flants for 78 days and i left some small larf buds at the base of the plant and as i poured water on it noticed it didnt burn? A few things were different.

1. No light intensity down there
  2. Temps were 8 degrees cooler.
  3. Sometimes i submerged the entire bud in nutrients.

So i think its the evaporation that burns the stigmas. The air is hotter at the top of a room by 7° it’s a fact! And up at the top of the canopy you have wind/fans and less humidity and if you mist with lights and everything running all the stigmas/pistils will burn.

6 Likes

Damn dude ive been fucking around on this forum for 5hrs. I aint done shit i need to transplant and set up another whole grow. Lol

9 Likes

Food would probably be good also ahahhahah

6 Likes

No Hermano there unless it self pollinated internally to that/those calyx. Scrape those two off with your fingernail Like @PreyBird1 stated and open them up to see whats inside. The Pistils will turn brown even if manhandled, like you grabbing a cluster and peeling it back to look in that pic. I get it randomly when I’m diggin in roughly to defol.

8 Likes

Yeah pistil bruising correct! I try not to even bump them! For that reason

3 Likes

It’s a miracle this plant is alive, let’s just say. It’s 6 weeks from seed. The history of this plant is pretty freaking sad early light dep long stem, I finally got it to look good about 2 weeks ago but then last thursday I watered it 8 hours late on a 112 degree day and burned off about a third of the leaves, from the bottom up like some sort of cartoon. I’m thinking I just might trash it. It has 4 good siblings that are just out of germination but I will smush those pods and see what’s inside, for “science”

This pic is literally the only time I’ve ever touched my plant I don’t molest my buds.

4 Likes

So inside those pods was…nothing, just like 2 pistils:

Before
After

9 Likes

Perfect…Carry on! No seed/no hidden nanners/ Enjoy the rest of the Grow.

Just Know she’s Stacked.

7 Likes

All of the pistils that existed when the dry day happened turned brown at the tips but the new ones are white. Still, I think I’ll be lucky to get 14 grams off this one lol save me 20 bucks.

7 Likes

6 weeks from seed, you might get lucky, I’ve seen folks with Autos that didn’t want to finish and went 12-13 weeks. Get the watering, heat, humidity, VPD issues straightened out and let her ride.

6 Likes

This plant was a test run since I’d never germinated before. I wasted about 4 seeds but learned a lot.

My real project is to do at least one auto per month for a year outside only and record the results.

I planted 3 on July 1 to get things started going to plant 2 more Aug 1

9 Likes

Looks like seed calyxes to me…female.

Marty

7 Likes

I just had one gelato out of all mustve self pollinated on a lower branch late in flower cause onky found 5 seeds in 2 zips. But hey 5 more seeds to bad they are autos

7 Likes