Dimming Intense LED lights

What other growers here are doing .
When it comes to ramping up your intensity week by week in flower & ramping up nutrients at the same time using commercial LED or extremely intense LED lighting . Also Adding Extra Cal mag w kelp and iron To avoid Deficiencies / bleaching /light burn or chlorosis from light hungry plants.

3 Likes

@hashone if your lights are not full spectrum you going to have deficiencies. I am sure LED’s will bleach your plants no matter what you try? Asking for a friend, @hoppiefrog?

4 Likes

@devjyarn & @PreyBird1 would be better to ask.im just looking into buying LEDs.

3 Likes

@bradahhaole is a real pro a w LEDs as well :wink:

4 Likes

I love leds and HPS and MH. All of these will burn the plants. Depending on air flow and humidity. If your to dry and hot crispy leaves. If your hot and humid. Its whole lot better but its a balance. Im playing with a humidifier for clones after they come out of the humidity dome.

3 Likes

I have a couple Gavita 1650e Led’s … I was more if some people were starting to ramp up high intensity lights around week three till flush then ramping down to 50% … And if they were increasing their feed as a ramp up light intensity

2 Likes

Hey @hashone I personally really push my plants. I will start the plants at 400 - 500 umole then increase to 900 - 1000 umole. you can go much higher the plant is amazing. but for me this has been best. I make my adjustments in nutrition according to the stage of growth. I can be totally wrong but I believe plants prefer stable and steady over changing to meet the need. I only adjust the light intensity once in the cycle thats when I flip to 12/12. I highly advice purchasing an inexpensive PAR meter. you will need to make sure you increase your CO2 along with the other nutes you mentioned. I always say go kill some plants lol; only because I learn so much every time I accidentally do so.
@hoppiefrog wow bro thank you for such kind words,

6 Likes

I agree with @bradahhaole. More light = better growth, so long as you keep your limiting factors in check. More light needs more CO2, which needs a higher temperature and more water, which means weaker nutes (weird, I know). If all things are kept in check, things can happen really fast.

5 Likes

For sure a week or PPM/EC makes a lot of sense if not you can fry your plants feeding at at reg recommended dose and Can create deficiencies or lock out

4 Likes

High Vpd with intense light means drinking more water and lowering your nutrient dose ec so you don’t fry your plants using proper humidity and temperature is that correct .

3 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate you sharing

1 Like

You got it. There is a lot more water flowing through your plants, and you want to be sure they’re still getting just the right amount of nutrients to the leaves and buds - nothing that’ll lead to an excess or deficiency.

5 Likes

I learn from you everyday :+1:

4 Likes

I’m learning every day too! Life’s a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Indeed… My first run with new genetics

You are beyond me by far… My most frustrating part I know I have the knowledge I just don’t have the space yet

4 Likes

With that being said what do you recommend for a feeding schedule and temperature im rocking humidity during early flower at 70 to 75% humidity mid flower 60 to 65% humidity and late flower 50 to 55% humidity, I’ve been doing about 78 to 80° throughout the whole flower period I might drop the temperature down a little bit and late flower .ppm going in Pro mix hp at 1500 ppm Using advanced nutrients 6.6 ph

2 Likes

Yep you guys are right on about the water and nutes. Miss calculating that was one of my most painful lessons. If I have plants close together I like a lower humidity in flower and increased air flow. Get an ec soil meter. With that you can see how fast your plants are consuming your nutes and you can be strategic in your watering. That can also help you determine your if your medium is appropriate or needs amending or even changing. 1.4 - 1.6 ec normally get them there very well. I love this discussion thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Just a thought. :thinking:
Pro mix hp should be ph’ed to 5.8 - 6.2.
I’m not familiar with the advanced nutes line tho Not sure if you are using a ph perfect version or if it will compensate enough if you are. Could cause a lock out. :wink::v:

3 Likes

Sensi bloom. Ph Perfect buffers out my medium . My run off is fine at always above 5.7

1 Like