Disposal Law in your state

What are your local laws on destruction and disposal of waste such as root balls, stems and leaves?

2 Likes

Oregon:

Roots don’t matter.

Leaf and stem has to be “made unappealing”. This means mixing with soil and/or composting, or burning/incinerated. For industrial zoned areas (no land for incorporating/composting/burning) it can be mixed with garbage and taken to a landfill.

3 Likes

I have seen in MULTIPLE states that in order to destroy any cannabis material it has to be grounded up and mixed 50:50 to other compostable or non-compostable materials.

INCLUDING Pennsylvania, but guess what.

The facility I worked at, didn’t do anything but shove as much as they could in trash bags, put it on the scale and then throw it in the dumpster with all other trash… IT TOOK THEM OVER 6 MONTHS TO ACTUALLY START RECYCLING. lol talk about corporations “going green” lol

3 Likes

MILLION DOLLAR IDEA:

When any cannabis material needs to be destroyed, instead of disposing of it… recycling it to be made into the companies packaging for the products that they are selling.

If only laws could regulate such a thing… :thinking:

2 Likes

Matter of time before some innovative 12-year-old figures out a way to create a “Composting” company with his allowance money. I agree - recycling looks to be a huge opportunity - if properly incentivized - kinda wish I knew about those dumpster months ago -coulda been a fun side hustle…LOL…JK!

2 Likes