Hi Sam I will be back in Wednesday and will give a call

3 Likes

Cody

Can u call me pls at 416 315 7477 re what a CO2 growth trial would look
like?

Thx Sam

3 Likes

Hey Sam Kanes very nice to meet you!

What scale/size of operation are you looking for testing on or with? Iā€™m also the Community Manager for the Autoflower Network and we have over 25,000 registered members and have been doing on-going ā€œperformance product testingā€ for cultivation product/service based companies for over two years (over 40+ companies to date.) I can get you a couple test growers or I can get you a LOT of test growers. Letā€™s get together and identify your needs and Iā€™ll help come up with a solution. I also live in SE Colorado and am getting to know a pretty good amount of outdoor growers here (I have a great outdoor grower teaching me this spring, Iā€™d even volunteer to guinea pig haha!)

Appreciate it and looking forward to hearing back from you!

1 Like

Further, weā€™re looking to expand that same testing into the commercial market as well, so we could even line up some test growing right here on Growers Network. Get feedback from a very established home/hobbyist market -and- feedback from the commercial/professional side. Win-win!

1 Like

Cody, just reread your comment on leaf surfaces. We know that using yucca as a natural surfactant will help our dissolved CO2 stick better without water beading on cannabis plant leaf surfaces. We ran into a German atomizer company that can spray 40 micron sized water particles at a gardening conf in TO this week. Could put a series of these in overhead to automate.

3 Likes

What do the logistics of using your product look like? Does it come in a bottle? Can I then use our atomizer to spray it onto veg plants? I know it sounds like you are interested in trials, but Iā€™d like to know potential costs beforehand. What would be your recommendation for frequency/cost per 10 sq ft of sparse veg canopy, for instance?

2 Likes

Hi, Blacksmith Farms is a licensed I-502 cannabis grower in Washington State. We grow indoor, greenhouse, and outdoor. Weā€™re always up for experimenting. We have the ability to apply spray CO2, but not atmospheric modification. Our greenhouses require venting during the grow cycle.

Please send details to ā€œinfo@blacksmith-farms.comā€, attn Nik Sinclair, if youā€™d like to possibly include us in your study.

Thanks,

Bob Mackenzie, owner
Blacksmith Farms
518-221-8851
info@blacksmith-farms.com

3 Likes

@sam.kanes , I have a good friend that works on @blacksmith-farms, I will personally vouch for them if youā€™re looking for more growers to test your technology out with, great group of growers!

1 Like

Is this to replace CO2 gas dosing?

3 Likes

Yes. Can be partial also. Imagine a cannabis greenhouse or large grow room always running at 1000 PPM for daylight hours that takes seedlings from say 10 inches to harvesting buds.

You could use dissolved CO2 foliar spray on the first 60% of the grow cycle (veg) up to 2000 PPM during peak growth and run CO2 gassing at say 500 to 750 PPM instead of 1000 PPM.

Targeted CO2 foliar spray will only use half the CO2 that gassing uses while growing larger cannabis plants faster.

2 Likes

Would use the same CO2 towers or tanks currently used at greenhouses. Shape will be a right sized pool cabana which has a pool filter and a gas heater that interconnects with circulating water. Trial costs have been on us to date asking only for manual support in applying dissolved CO2 spray pulses and keeping a record of that. Larger overhead indoor sprinkler trials and outdoor irrigation guns can all be programmed so that 1000-2000 PPM dissolved CO2 irrigation water can be delivered in smaller pulses more frequently to maximize plant growth. We will ultimately charge a small fraction of the incremental value proven through CO2 trials on a site technology license and royalty basis.

2 Likes