Dissolved CO2 for Faster Veg Growth

First effort reaching out via this forum. Hello. We are looking for more growers to trial our dissolved CO2 technology in foliar sprays/mists indoors (anytime) and outdoors this spring. Successful in sharply accelerating algae (300%) and hydroponic lettuce (up to 100%) growth. Moving to trials above ground with cannabis, medical tobacco, lettuce, potatoes and grapes in 2018.

9 Likes

Sam,
Would this growth enhancement also include molds; mildews; and fungi?

4 Likes

That’s a great question from Sam. I have the room and plant count do conduct some experiments.

3 Likes

Sean, where are you in the US? Can reach me at 416-315-7477 to discuss further or my EMail sam.kanes@blueoceannutra.ca.

Thx Sam.

3 Likes

Sean, we have now started our first Canadian cannabis grow trial misting CO2 enriched water on cannabis leaves in the AM only and should have our first US trial underway mid-Dec. Woudl like to follow up with you. 416-315-7477. Thx Sam.

3 Likes

Art,

We are very aware of moisture risks indoors when one uses CO2 foliar spray. We see early AM misting/fogging only in small water particles on the underside and top side of plant leaves. CO2 gassing enters leaf stomata only, not the entire plant leaf surface. Coating the entire leaf with CO2 water enriched to 2000 PPM expands Nature’s mass gas transfer capability in solution throughout the semi-permeable leaf structure. Similar to wet nicotiine patches on human skin. Trials on skin with dissolved oxygen penetrated through the dermis and into capillaries in 2 minutes. We hope to get the same speed for dissolved CO2 entering leaves.

3 Likes

Sound intriguing for sure. I guess what I meant to say was will your process enhance the growth of molds, mildews etc.?

Art Pichierri-President/CEO
CCUA/IC
1-800-398-4313
www.cdcs.ushttp://www.cdcs.us
[/uploads/default/original/2X/2/25e71342abdd875858f9044bc68b618a6cc70f8d.jpg]

3 Likes

Art - should reduce as dissolved CO2 in water is simply cabonic acid.

However, the offset is when and how to get the “spent” water off the
leaves before you get powdery mildew and moulds and how many spray
pulses to max plant CO2 intake.

We know from human dissolved O2 trials that the O2 passes thru human
skin and the dermis into blood capillaries in two minutes. Should be
faster for dissolved CO2 entering plant leaves.

2 Likes

After your treatment, spraying with O3 will kill mold, mildew, and fungus. Thoughts.

Art Pichierri-President/CEO
CCUA/IC
1-800-398-4313
www.cdcs.ushttp://www.cdcs.us
[/uploads/default/original/2X/2/25e71342abdd875858f9044bc68b618a6cc70f8d.jpg]

3 Likes

Art.

Pls call me 416-315-7477 re your ozone application on plant leaves post enriched CO2 foliar spraying.

Thx Sam

3 Likes

Sean, we are ready to go anywhere in NA to trial our 2000 PPM dissolved CO2 for accelerating veg growth of cannabis and other plants. Pls contact me at 416-315-7477. Thx Sam

4 Likes

good morning Sam on vacation but will contact you when I return

4 Likes

Very interesting idea. Aerated compost tea used as a foliar spray has a similar effect - probably less extreme, but longer lasting. Microbiology is propagated to high levels, and with a food source to sustain the living organisms until they make a symbiotic association with the leaf surface, they can continue to survive for hours or even through the life of the plant, all the while producing CO2 through respiration - and in close proximity with stomata!

4 Likes

Cody, I see tea come up as a good source of micronurients and some CO2
release onto stomata.

When you dissolve CO2 into water and then use that on a leaf surface the
entire leaf turns into one giant stomata sucking in the dissolved CO2. That
will keep occurring until the outside partial pressure of the dissolved CO2
starts to balance with the amount of CO2 inside the leaf dermis/vein. Same
with human nicotine patches or the new CBD patches that have nicotine/CBD
dissolved in various oils to stay moist when applied.

3 Likes

One giant stoma! Awesome! Haha I kid, but I see what you’re getting at to be sure! I’ve heard of spraying soda water onto leaves, which sounds fairly reasonable to me, except that I would think the CO2 would evaporate rather quickly (I’m sure mostly into the air rather than stomata; but that’s not a bad thing either). All in all, I’m just not a huge fan of foliar sprays unless you can reduce the labor they require with large scale greenhouse technologies.

Can I ask, in what way(s) does your product differ from plain old soda water? Do you have any links to trials that exhibit your product efficacy? I’d love to check it out if so!

3 Likes

Hey Cody. Do not know if I can attach anything in this forum. Can u give me your EMail address pls by reaching me at sam.kanes@blueoceannutra.ca and I will send you our independent CO2 grow studies.

Soda water does the same thing but is super expensive per gallon as anyone making soda water wants to charge humans per bottle/can. Dissolved CO2 to 2000 PPM in water will NOT bubble out at one atmosphere. That is what our patented technology does. We have built one system for under $1M to do 500,000 gallons/day at 2000 PPM. Just needs flowing water and a source of CO2 to dissolve or capture and dissolve. Capture proven at a commercial biogas plant with the raw biogas having 40% CO2.

4 Likes

@sam.kanes

2 Likes

Very cool. Looks like you can attach items in this forum as Nick points out here. I’d love to those grow studies, that would be awesome!

3 Likes

Sean, can u reach me pls at 416-315-7477 to discuss further. We are now funded for 2018 CO2 grow trials.

3 Likes

Cody, can u reach me pls at 416-315-7477 re a CO2 grow trial via phone or text? Where are you located?

3 Likes