Do LEDs "wear out" and become less and less effective?

I have two of the #1 lights in one tent and three of the #2 in a second tent. I realized last year that the #1 lights were only for veg stage, so I have been moving the plants into the second tent when flipping to flower.
I have noticed now that the seedlings currently in tent #1 just aren’t growing at the same rate as others did previously in that tent. And the same goes for the Runtz I have in the 2nd tent which flipped to flower April 28. Is Runtz generally a short plant (thus its name)?
I realize that none of the lights I have are of high quality, but previous grows have gone much better by this stage.
Everything else had remained consistent: RO water, nutrients, etc…

Thanks for your input and help!

Lights in tent #1 : Durolux DLED8048VG LED Grow Light - 4 Foot by 1.5 Foot - 320W (0.5 W LEDs x 640 Pcs) with Vegetative Spectrum and 40000 Lux, Universal Input Voltage, General Purpose Growing, Over 50% Energy Saving Amazon.com

Lights in tent #2 : VANECT LED Grow Light, 2022 New… Amazon.com

4 Likes

They usually lose some light over the lifespan.

“What is an L70 Rating? LED must maintain 70% of their initial lumens during their rated life. For example, an LED with a life of 25,000 hours means that at 25,000 hours of use, the LED bulb will be producing 70% of the light output that it was producing when it was brand new.”

4 Likes

I checked your light in the link its no good for flowering. The duro lux is veg only. I have that same light and i have never tried to flower with it. But i still use it and its ok. We got to get you a good light. You can Dm me if you like because i was gonna ask how’s the Job?

Leds will slowly die over time. I have 2 doards from budget led 5yrs ago and im still using it. Its dimmable so its harder to tell if its going bad.

6 Likes

Look into medic grow ther lights are very affordable and good quality

5 Likes

Over time led’s do become less effective but the grower has a lot of control over how fast they degrade, a warm grow room(32c) with low air flow will reduce the led life span by half vs a cool grow room(26c) with high airflow. led’s can’t handle heat, so keep them cool and they will last a very long time.

3 Likes