Do rosin carts need added terpenes?

So i am attempting to make a rosin cart at home i have the press and have been making rosin for a couple months for personal use and just wanted to know if you need to add terpenes to rosin before adding it to a ccell cartridge, or if i can heat to consistency and put straight into a cartridge.

9 Likes

This is something I am currently troubleshooting myself for commercial production. It’s similar to pressing, every strain/batch is going to be different. Sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. Much like rosin you need to get a feel for the right viscosity for the cart you’re filling. Don’t be afraid to screw up, keep filling carts and before you know it you’ll be a pro.

9 Likes

Also is it dry sift or fresh frozen rosin?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum! During extraction terpenes are damaged, so to get taste and the benefits terpenes provide should be added if desired. The terpenes added will also act as a thinner to help keep the rosin from getting solid in the cartridge it self. If you use a vape in a couple of days, you may not have any problems with it burning without a thinner. In the past I have had problems with the rosin being to thick and clogging the air intakes in the cartridge. Their are a lot of people that have different opinions, especially after all those fake vape carts were killing people.

7 Likes

Its is just flower rosin for now i had about 5 grams of bubble hash that i made then pressed but i pressed it a little to hot and it is very very shattery

5 Likes

The fake vapes are my main reason for trying this out… everyone should be able to trust the herbs their putting in their body the world is just crazy these days.

7 Likes

Have you considered dab tanks?

4 Likes

First time hearing of them i havnt seen them in any of my local shops do you know where i can order from or find them in the philadelphia area.

5 Likes

I have a Yocan Loki for dabbing myself. Here is a link for dab carts. My local shop sells dab tanks for the 510 battery. Best way to find them locally would be to search the web for them in your area.

7 Likes

Start your press at 175/180 for saucier consistency. Repress the same bag and kick up the temps 10 to 15 degrees each time and you’ll find your sweet spot. :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

Here is a review for you to browse.
https://www.e-cig-brands.com/vape-blog/best-dab-tanks/

5 Likes